Special Needs
Options

Eval update and Greenspan appt. Wed.

So I took your advice and called the coordinator of the Child Find program and asked if the daycare director's eval was going to be in addition to a team eval.  The short of the story is that she didn't realize that the team was aware that my son goes to daycare in DC (we live in VA) and that they wanted to evaluate him regardless of the distance (and it really isn't that far -- 10 mins. without traffic).  So, the coordinator is going to do the eval herself on Friday.  Makes me feel so much better!

And, after waiting for months, we have an evaluation appointment with Stanley Greenspan in MD on Wednesday.  I don't know how well DS is going to tolerate the length of the appointment, but I'm excited to have a trained eye look at him and give us ideas. 

Of course, right as I am typing DH calls to say that his boss has asked him to reschule the appointment.  Even though we have had this booked for months, DH never told his boss until this morning.  I'm ready to scream, but being nice and not asking him why he waited until 2 days before to make sure he had the day off.  Of course I told him that rescheduling is not an option, as I have no idea when the next opening is, and we've already paid a lot of money to secure the appointment, which we'll lose if we reschedule at this late date.  He'll just have to make it work.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Eval update and Greenspan appt. Wed.

• Options
    Very curious to hear how that goes! You actually get to meet WITH Dr. Greenspan?? wow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJenGK:

I don't know how well DS is going to tolerate the length of the appointment, but I'm excited to have a trained eye look at him and give us ideas. 

yeah, I think "trained eye" is an understatement!  =)

The great thing about greenspan's approach is that your child likely won't be too bothered by the length of the session, as he will be leading the session for the most part and demands placed will likely be minimal.  

I have heard that meeting with Greenspan is an awesome experience.  Can't wait for your update. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"