Houston Babies
Options

Another bedding question...

So we've picked out our bedding that we love - there are only 3 units left at Supermall and I don't want to risk having to wait weeks and weeks so we're going to get it and just return within the 90 days if we find something else we love (not likely- I love this one).

Question- would it make sense to buy another fitted sheet or just stick to one of each? My reasoning is how often we'll be washing it due to baby fluids and such. How many should we get? Thanks!

Re: Another bedding question...

• Options
    I'd say no less than 4.
    image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Options

2 was more than enough for us.  We also had the ultimate crib sheet (UCS) that I layered on top of the regular sheet (mattress cover/pad was under the regular sheet).  So, in the middle of the night, I could easily remove the UCS w/o messing w/ changing actual sheets.

That being said, DS never once leaked out of a diaper or spit up or anything.  I never had to change his sheets in the middle of the night and I could have easily done fine with just one sheet and no UCS.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have two and that seems to work for us. I also have two mattress pads. So while one is on the bed, one can be in the wash.

My thought was if I go through more than two sheets in a night I have bigger issues than just running out of sheets. =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageKimmer123:

I have two and that seems to work for us. I also have two mattress pads. So while one is on the bed, one can be in the wash.

My thought was if I go through more than two sheets in a night I have bigger issues than just running out of sheets. =)

Our issues weren't that big.  But when Ds started sleeping through the night and leaking through his diapers on to the sheets, I didn't feel like doing laundry at 2 or 3 in the morning.  I'm lazy when it comes to laundry anyway, so it was always good knowing that I could focus on him and not housework. 

image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Options
    we have 2
  • Options
    imageJamicanBride:
    imageKimmer123:

Our issues weren't that big.  But when Ds started sleeping through the night and leaking through his diapers on to the sheets, I didn't feel like doing laundry at 2 or 3 in the morning.  I'm lazy when it comes to laundry anyway, so it was always good knowing that I could focus on him and not housework. 

ummm.... i wouldn't do that either way. Confused

• Options
    I would get at least 2.  It's always great to have an extra and not have to worry about waiting for one to come out of the wash if an accident happens.
  • Options
    2 fitted sheets and 2 mattress pads. DD didn't have blowouts or spitup at night but the few times she was sick it's been a lifesaver. I layer them (mattress pad, sheet, mattress pad, sheet) and rip off the top layers when needed. At 4am that's about all I can handle :)
  • Options

What did you pick?

• Options
    imagekreeper611:

What did you pick?

https://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/coc/coc7033-846_pop1_coc7033-846.html

I got the crib set, an extra flat sheet, the wall art and the valance (which I don't care for valances but I prefer it to match rather than trying to find some draperies that kinda look good in there). The wall art is the only thing that won't be available till later in October but I can wait on that.

• Options
    We have three fitted sheets and have NEEDED them!  DS has waken up the past two nights and thrown up in his crib.  I always throw the sheets in the washer right away but at least I don't have to worry about the sheet being clean and dry if ds throws up again because I have a third sheet clean and waiting.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    That is really cute.  But I missed something - how do you know you're having a girl?
  • Options

We went for our genetics testing and since our OB refers them so often we were the lucky winners of a free gender test (the blood test that checks for the Y chromosome) and a free "confirmation" ultrasound in two weeks. We got the results on Friday (along with our genetics testing) and it came back girl. I posted to FB but haven't posted here...the blood work is pretty accurate and during the genetics ultrasound the tech said girl but to wait until we got the test results since baby wasn't cooperating much.

• Options
    That is really cute bedding! I love pink and brown. :)

We have 2 fitted sheets and that was plenty for us.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

yay for a girl!

we have four sheets i think.  they were sold in two packs, so i bought two packs of two.

i also have two full size mattress protector pads and three (?) of the smaller pads, like lap pads i think they are called.  and i would like to have had two more full size mattress protector pads.  there have been rare occasions when i've had two sheets and two pads in the wash and was praying we could keep the third set clean.

and like a pp said, definitely double make the bed, that was a lifesaver a few times when the absolute last thing you wanted to do was to remake a crib.

• Options

That bedding is beautiful! Depending on the shade of pink it may be hard to match, so good call on the extra sheet. I'd say you need at least 2, maybe 3 sheets.

DD's bedding is bright yellow/hot pink/lime green and I originally had just 1 crib sheet because I couldn't find another one to match. (It's hot pink from Amy Coe at BRU and they don't make them anymore -- probably a good thing since it doesn't quite fit right). I finally found another one that's a pretty close match. Before DD started rolling around I just used the sheet saver under her head and I didn't have to change sheets too often.

I have a friend who registered at BRU for crib sheets, bassinet sheets, PNP sheets, etc for a grand total of SEVENTEEN sheets! We got such a kick out of that and still give her a hard time about it. Stick out tongue

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecali_girl92504:

We went for our genetics testing and since our OB refers them so often we were the lucky winners of a free gender test (the blood test that checks for the Y chromosome) and a free "confirmation" ultrasound in two weeks. We got the results on Friday (along with our genetics testing) and it came back girl. I posted to FB but haven't posted here...the blood work is pretty accurate and during the genetics ultrasound the tech said girl but to wait until we got the test results since baby wasn't cooperating much.

Very cool!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"