South Florida Babies
Options

New to the Board: Jackson South

Hello everyone...I'm knew to this board (but not to posting Big Smile). Baby girl is set to arrive in February and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on Jackson South/Deering Hospital. I've heard a few things about their l&d unit but never from anyone with direct experience. Thanks!

Re: New to the Board: Jackson South

• Options

i wouldn't.  we had bad experiences with jackson south and other medical problems in our family.  it was on more than one occassion.  I can't vouch for the ob/gyns there, but the general practitioners were d*cks.  DH is a firefighter/medic and he said he would try to dissuade anyone from going to jackson south.  He says it's like JMH but without the specialty areas or decent doctors.  I delivered at JMH downtown because I was high risk the first time around and, although the staff was a little rude, what they have in L&D is much, much better than jackson south.  And i would never recommend anyone deliver at JMH.  I live 5 min west of jackson south, and i'm still delivering at baptist, even though it's a little further away.

sorry if this isn't what you were hoping for, but i just wanted to be honest with you!!

• Options

Thanks for your honesty! My health plan is through JMH so all my doctors are Jackson doctors.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know anything about the maternity part, but I can say that my DH (who is a surgeon) always likes the care his patients receive at Jackson South.  He has privileges at other hospitals (including Baptist & Mercy, among others), and if a patient has a choice of hospital (if it is elective surgery), he never hesitates to go to Jackson South. 

Tania

• Options

Hi Steph: Congrats on baby girl on the way! I don't have any insight on Jackson South though.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

I have no experience at this hospital just wanted to say HI and congratulations on your baby girl.

Barbie 

• Options
    imageStephE623:

Thanks for your honesty! My health plan is through JMH so all my doctors are Jackson doctors.

who is your ob?  I had Dr. Gene Burkett and was also seen by Dr. Gonzalez Quintero when I was in the hospital.  Dr. Bedouin delivered me, though, since Burkett had a family emergency. 

• Options

Congrats! I don't know about the maternity unit there but I've been to the regular part and I personally don't like it and wouldn't recommend it. I also live like 5min from there and choose Baptist.

Do they only deliver at Jackson? Do they partner with any other hospitals?

Also, if you can take a tour of the hospitals. GL:)

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"