Upstate NY Babies
Options

? about internals-possibly TMI

I was sent to labor and delivery last night for contractions and they did an internal(2cm dialated, 70% effaced).  Since I had that done I have been having blood when I wipe.  Now I have passed 2 clots.  Is this normal after an internal?

My contractions are also closer together coming every 4-5 minutes.  Should I call my doctor about either of these?  I don't want to be sent there and have them send me home again

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ? about internals-possibly TMI

• Options
    Hmm tough call. If you're nervous I'd call.  I know that a little bleeding is normal after an internal and maybe the clots are part of your Mucous Plug. I don't remember how close is "time to call close" for contractions since I was a "broken water" labor.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd probably call.  I was having contractions 5 min. apart when I was admitted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd call just to be safe. How exciting!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies!  I called my doctor and they want me to head in a get checked out.  Hopefully I won't get sent home this time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The blood after and internal is definitely normal.. I had some after the one internal I got from a less than gentle dr..  I don't know about the clots.. I didn't have any of those.. but I wonder if they could be just the regular blood that can come with going into labor?

Sounds like you're definitely in early labor though.. Keep us posted!!!  You have my number, right?

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

The clots are probably your mucous plug.. they always say 'spotting' is normal.  But I don't know the specifics of the clots.. :)

I would call your Dr about the contractions at least.  I had a really fast labor with my first baby and my water broke, so I don't remember when you're supposed to head in (like how far apart the contrax are supposed to be).  Call to be sure.. can't hurt to at least chat with a nurse real quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"