Baby Showers

How long is your shower/how will you open presents?

My shower is just two hours long.  The setup is booths, so I am concerned about how I will open presents.  It's not going to be possible for everyone to face me and watch me open the presents.  However, I want to make sure everyone knows how appreciative I am of their gift.

Any ideas? What's yours going to be like/what was it like?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long is your shower/how will you open presents?

• 2 hours. i'm hoping i won't have to open gifts in front of everyone. people will still be able to see you open them if they're in booths. 
  • 3 hours  I figure it will take about 1 hour to open gifts.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was 2 hours and it took me that long to open all the gifts.
  • My shower is 4 hours long, but that's just because it's in a hall and that's how long the rental is.  I'm helping a lot with my shower and have created a timeline for opening gifts.  See if your host can create a timeline, that may help things move a lot faster.  If there is a way for people to gather around you, they can see you open all of your gifts.
  • Side note: I'm jealous that you are all 22-26 weeks and you already know how many people will be at your shower and how long your shower is planned for. 

I hate opening gifts in front of people but will do whatever my host tells me to do.  Shouldn't take very long- I rush when I get nervous.  I don't like being the center of attention.  Tongue Tied

• Mine is two hours long, but we have an hour to clean up after.  So if I go over, I think some people will start cleaning up, we're doing gifts last and if anyone has to leave, I'll just wait to open their gift.
  • We have the location from 12:30-5pm with the shower being 2-4. The time prior is used to set up the food/decorate and the hour afterwards is to clean up. The shower is most ly be about eating and catching up since these people haven't seen me in over a year since moving to TX and being pregnant. After everyone seems to be done eating, we'll do a quick game...Pair of Bloomers.. sort of like hot potato for a corsage of "bloomers" (aka flowers). Then they get their cupcakes, which we're having instead of cake while I open the gifts and that's it. Laid back and easy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"