Baby Showers
Options

Holiday shower timing?

My sister and a friend are hosting my shower and we are struggling to come up with a day that will work. The last two appts I've been warned that the baby is measuring very big and that there is a good possibility of an early induction (based on family history of 11-13lb babies).

I'm due 1/28 but because of previous commitments there are only three possible days. One I think is a bit early, the next is the same day as an In-Law family party and will make for a long day, or the last that my hostess's are concerned will be hard for guests financially coming right after Christmas.

What are your thoughts? Which date do you think makes the most sense?

[Poll]

Re: Holiday shower timing?

• Options
    I don't think 30 weeks is too early at all! :) And I wouldn't want to cut it much closer than that, considering that baby might come early!
  • Options
    I'm due the same day and mine is actually going to be 10.18.  My mom is going to be in FL for a month, then the holidays, then it's January and it could be any time.  Definitely go for 11/21--that's ideal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am due 2/3/10, and my shower will be December 5th.  I would've voted for that one, but I didn't due to the family party that's already scheduled.  I don't think 30 weeks is too early though! 
  • Options
    I'm due January 22. My shower is November 7. One of them anyway. I don't think it's too early at all. You want it before the holidays.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My shower was 2 days before I was 30 weeks. I think it is fine to have it the weekend before Thanksgiving.

• Options
    I'm due 1/26 and my shower is going to be 11/14. Mostly to avoid all the major holidays
  • Options
    I am due 1/26, and our shower is 11/7 due to holidays, etc. I think that doing your shower in November will be just fine.
  • Options
    95% of the showers I've been to the mother is between 29-32 weeks - for her comfort - so no that is not too early at all.  Its early enough to where the mom-to-be is still feeling pretty good/active as well as early enough she feels like she can get stuff done with the gifts received.  So that first on is perfect timing in my eyes. 
    TTC since 2005. DS via IVF - 02/10 Baby #2 - due 10/16/11
  • Options
    I'm due about two weeks after you and my shower will be the sat b4 Thanksgiving
  • Options

imageAmbsies:
    I'll only be 30w at my shower.  I'm really happy with the timing- there is enough time to still go shopping for items that we need and have everything set up before the holidays. 

I am having this same issue! I'm due 1/27... My grandma is out of town on an around the country 5th-wheel trip (lucky bum) and she won't be back until right before thanksgiving, and I do not want to have the shower without her..

So basically it has to be between holidays.. but my Aunt thinks that it'll be too hectic and as soon as black friday comes people will be ALL christmas!! 

Sooo since she's just doing a sprinkle for me (2nd baby, different gender) she's thinking of doing it just a couple weeks before my EDD!

It scares me but.. i think it's doable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"