Baby Showers
Options

Themes for late Jan. possibly early Feb. shower

Any input will be nice. I'm not sure right now if anyone has plans of throwing me a shower so I want to start planning one myself until someone says something, so that I'm not all last minute with it. Its going to be late Jan. or early Feb. because I want it to be a week or 2 after my due date, Jan. 21. But again all input is appreciated. TIA!

Re: Themes for late Jan. possibly early Feb. shower

• Options
    If someone else offers to throw a shower do you also want that after the baby is born?  If you don't need a whole lot for the baby it perfectly fine to have a shower or a "meet the baby" party after the birth of your baby.  My DD did this.  She just bought what was absolutely necessary (carseat, few onsies, etc) and  her shower was given after the birth of her DS.  It worked out well.  He was 3 weeks old at the time.  If you will be having it around Valentines Day (before) you could go with that theme.  February is one of those months that you can do just about any theme.  Personally, I love it when people do "off the wall" type themes...like a Hawaiian theme in February (I live where we have snow from Dec until well into March!). 
  • Options

Yeah I would want the shower to still be after the baby is born. I will think about the "off the wall" themes too. That's a good idea. Thanks

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    More traditional with the time of year would be snowflakes. Off the wall....yeah a baby luau would be cute or beachy theme. Turn up the heat, have a baby pool filled with sand....have food that's more summer related/tropical related. Or just do a picnic/ bbq... burger...hotdogs...all the fixings. red and white checkered table cloth...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A friend of mine is expecting a baby in early March and we are thinking of doing a Feb. shower for her with a sort've Mardi Gras theme, except obv. a bit more tame.  I don't know if you are into Mardi Gras or not but part of the tradition involves fertility beads and king cake usually has a little plastic baby hidden inside.

I like the snowflake/wintery theme idea as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"