Orange County Babies
Options

Pedicure to induce labor...?

Ok I know this is desperate but my parents are here and I'm due in 2 days and my mom is making me walk like a crazy lady all over Newport.  I ate a whole bag of frozen pineapple yesterday and balsamic vinegar on my salad last night.   We're going to get pedis today and one of the gals at Spa Gegories told me reflexology and a foot massage can help induce labor...anyone try it or have a pedi place they recommend??  I might as well give it a shot more fun than castor oil :)

Re: Pedicure to induce labor...?

• Options
    Don't know about the pedicure/reflexology thing, but all the pros say to have intercourse to bring on labor...
  • Options
    Sorry don't have any recommendations, but I have heard that there are presure points so when getting a Mani & Pedi the reflexology (sp?) massage can possibly induce labor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been getting pedicures every two weeks and have not gotten one contraction.  My husband has been giving me foot rubs and following the pressure points (as listed on various websites) and still nothing.  

I heard you're supposed to have fresh pineapple.  I don't know about frozen but canned ones don't work.  I've tried pineapple too.  

My dr said only intercourse is proven to work bc sperm has prostaglandin (also found in induction medicines).   

• Options
    Well, I DID have a pedicure the day I went into labor (and a mani and shoulder massage too!). It was just at Happy Nails...I don't know if it had an impact or what but it did feel good and my nails looked awesome for 2 weeks so I think it's a good idea anyhow!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the massage therapist I once saw at Burke Williams did mention that rubbing the Achilles tendon and ankle area woud bring on labor. Maybe Happy Nail gave me an extra massage there but I did not realize it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I tried it a couple times. DD still came 2 weeks late!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"