Infertility
Options

IVF Success %

My RE told me that w/ivf i have a 65% chance of becoming pregnant. What has your dr told you? Does it increase w/ICSI or Assisted hatching?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: IVF Success %

• Options
    Mine told me that my chances were 50-60%.  I think assisted hatching is supposed to help with implantation (and I had it done, I think because my insurance covered it and not because there was any known need for it).  So those were my odds, and on my first cycle I transferred two embryos and they are both going strong.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My chances were a little less than 50% because of the endo on my ovaries.  My lab and my doctor gave us their average sucess rates in any given age, but it really depends on your DX.  I think ICSI only increases your chances if you have MFI.  During my IVF class the embryologist for the lab, one of the best in the US, said they don't like to do Assisted hatching.  Good luck!

Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Success rates depend on your diagnosis, age, and several other factors.  I don't believe ICSI increases your chances unless you are dealing with MFI or low egg numbers.  I think assissted hatching is only done under certain circumstances.

So, basically, your success rate and my success rate could be completely different at the same clinic due to what we are dealing with.  You RE is the best person to quote your individula success because they know your specific case.

• Options
    We've been told 50-60%. We are just starting so we'll see!
    Many failed IUI's (medicated and unmedicated) IVF#1-Micro-dose Lupron protocol: BFN IVF#2-Antagonist Protocol-transferred 1 8-cell grade A embryo: BFP! Missed Miscarriage- D&C 4/2011 IVF#3-Antagonist protocol again but no bcp's: August 2011 DOR, endo and cervical stenosis ER 8/16/11 3 er 3 fert w/icsi ET 8/19/11-assisted hatching- transferred (2) 8 cell embryos! 9/1/11=Beta#1=824 9/6/11=Beta#2=7337

• Options
    imageLCB34:

Success rates depend on your diagnosis, age, and several other factors.  I don't believe ICSI increases your chances unless you are dealing with MFI or low egg numbers.  I think assissted hatching is only done under certain circumstances.

So, basically, your success rate and my success rate could be completely different at the same clinic due to what we are dealing with.  You RE is the best person to quote your individula success because they know your specific case.

this
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't remember being told a specific number for my own chances, but my clinic has around a 60% success rate in my age group.
    imageimage

• Options
    I was told 60% with ICSI.
  • Options
    I was told 74% (CCRM) but that is because I have no known  IF factors. We just have MFI and we are ICSI ing.

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Options
    I was told 76% percent given my age and unknown infertility. 
    Unexplained Infertility TTC 3 years 6 IUI's in 1 year IVF #1 10/10 ER-retrieved 9 eggs 10/13 Transferred 1 grade C 6 cell and 1 grade C 4 cell Praying for our miracle! Beta #1 10/23 77 Beta #2 10/26 151! 1/2012 Round #2 to start. Diminished ovarian reserve and morphology issues. How in 4 years things change...
  • Options

The RE showed us a chart that said for my age the success rate was 46% but that did not factor in the fact that we are doing ICSI and genetic testing so I'm gonna go ahead and give myself better odds.  Stick out tongue 

However, I like the way my nurse said it.  She said don't worry so much about statistics because it will either work 100% or 0% for you and that's really all that matters.  It really helped me not to obsess.

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I am going to say you will not REALLY know until you start stimming and see how you respond. I was given great odds based on age but I turned out to be a poor responder at my fist clinic-wrong protocols, no med adjustments etc. At my new clinic things have improved dramatically but still no take home baby.

I also want to add b/c I have a high fsh like you in my history you need to be prepared for this taking more than 1 shot. My biggest error was thinking that IVF would solve everything and it just doesnt. I am starting attempt #4 (or really ivf 3.5) now....I do not mean to be a downer I just want to throw a diff perspective on all of this. My ivfs have all been at age 33.

• Options

I'm "undiagnosed infertility" and my RE said the % of pregnancy with a single embryo transfer through IVF was 30%.  (I dont know why it's so much lower than everybody else!?)

The % of pregnancy with two embryos transferred with IVF was 50% (10% of twins and 40% of a singleton).

We ended up getting pregnant on our first IVF with a singleton.

TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelunatwo:

However, I like the way my nurse said it.  She said don't worry so much about statistics because it will either work 100% or 0% for you and that's really all that matters.  It really helped me not to obsess.

This is very wise!

• Options
    We were told 60%
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"