Trouble TTC
Options

Off Provera

I was on BC for years and have been off since June without a period. 

This is my first cycle of provera and today is my first day not taking it. 

I know that it is different for everyone, but for those of you that have been in this boat...how long did it take you to get your period after stopping taking it?

Re: Off Provera

• Options
    I just finished day 10 this morning. Never taken before and let me tell you, I hate it. I'm bloated, eating everything and miserable. Hope AF comes soon.
  • Options
    Dive -- ok wow, yes I had bad side effects also.  I too am extremely bloated...just feel fat in general.  Also, the first few times I took it in the middle of the day -- big mistake.  I was so dizzy and "drunk" feeling.  I wish my doctor had given me a bit more of a heads up about the side effects.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I took it and had 3 days of barely perceptible spotting 3 days after, and that's it... Doctor thinks that should count, but isn't certain. So now it's 22 days since that started and I'm just kind of waiting... All of my bloodwork thus far is normal, and I have an u/s scheduled in 3 weeks to check the thickness of my lining. I just wish I knew more about what's going on!

As for side effects, provera made me pretty dizzy, but that's about all I experienced. 

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagest.augbride:

I took it and had 3 days of barely perceptible spotting 3 days after, and that's it... Doctor thinks that should count, but isn't certain. So now it's 22 days since that started and I'm just kind of waiting... All of my bloodwork thus far is normal, and I have an u/s scheduled in 3 weeks to check the thickness of my lining. I just wish I knew more about what's going on!

As for side effects, provera made me pretty dizzy, but that's about all I experienced. 

ugr I hope AF comes for you soon!  I can totally identify with the frustration...91 days without a period is killing me.  I want to get a move on!

• Options
    usually it's anywhere from 5-7 days after the last pill.
  • Options
    You're in the exact same boat as me (Stopped pill in June, still no period, started on Progesterone).  I starting spotting yesterday and full fledged AF today.  I took my last pill 3 days ago.
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageskhynes:
    You're in the exact same boat as me (Stopped pill in June, still no period, started on Progesterone).  I starting spotting yesterday and full fledged AF today.  I took my last pill 3 days ago.
    OMG that makes me so happy to hear! I am crossing my fingers for the same. Keep in touch and let me know how things are going.
  • Options
    Hi there, I have taken Provera three times now...and each time has been just a bit different.  With the most recent, it took me about 7 days to get my period.  The first time it was 10 days...I think it's different for everyone though.  Just hang in there!  I know the waiting game is awful...since when do we WANT to get our cycle?!?
  • Options
    3 days after the last pill for me.
  • Options
    My period usually started 3-4 days after i took my last pill.  I hate having to take it though, it makes my periods 10 times worse than they were when i was on BC. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"