Minnesota Babies
Options

2 1/4 hr labor & delivery

resulted in an unplanned at home water birth for me!

Abrina Michelle was born at 37.6 weeks Thurs Sept 24 at 9:15am. She weighed in at 7# 9oz and is 20 1/2" 

I was home with DDs 1&2, realized I was in labor, couldn't get a hold of DH, thought I had more time so didn't rush my sister getting here. Contractions came hard, fast and one on top of the other.  I kept losing my phone.  I got onto the warm bath to relieve the pain and ended up delivering her right after I finally got ahold of DH. Called him back to say she was in my arms, he called the paramedics and my sister showed up.  She took my DD's to get dressed, I delivered the placenta, suctioned out baby, cleaned up her face and waited for the cops and paramedics to arrive to cut the cord.  They did, I got cleaned up, redressed and into the ambulance for our trip to the hospital.  DH, my sis and my girls arrived not long after I was checked in.  We both checked out just fine and only had to stay for 24 hours.  I have an extremely minor 1st degree tear- no stitches.  I feel great and Abrina is doing awesome- nursing like a champ and hasn't lost much weight at all.  We are home and can't wait till the weekend is over so we don't have company to worry about and so we can finally relax!

Re: 2 1/4 hr labor & delivery

• Options
    Wow! That's a story. I'm glad everything went well and you have a healthy baby. I hope my labor and delivery is that quick but I think I would be a wreck if things started happening at home.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats again!! :)
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow!  DS was born after 1 hour and 30 minutes of labor but I went in and had my water broke.  I told DH I would never have made it to the hospital if my water had broke at home and he was at work since it takes him an hour to get home. 
  • Options

Wow, congrats!!

You weren't on the news were you??  Kare11 had a lady on who delivered in the bath tub with her two young daughters present and this just sounded like it might be you?

• Options
    imageJanell's Nest:

Wow, congrats!!

You weren't on the news were you??  Kare11 had a lady on who delivered in the bath tub with her two young daughters present and this just sounded like it might be you?

i think she is!! if it is you, yay! i had no idea you were a nestie!

• Options
    WOW! Congrats, what a story to tell and share with her! So glad everything went well and everyone is healthy and perfect!
    Ashley & Christian
  • Options
    Congrats!  Glad everyone is ok!
  • Options
    Congrats!  I'm glad that you and baby are doing well.
  • Options
    congrats! I'm happy to hear that you and baby are doing great!
    TTC #3 since June 2011. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    omg! that is both amazing and terrifying! congrats on a healthy lo!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    What an amazing story!  Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.  Enjoy every moment!

• Options
    Holy moly!!! I'm glad you and baby are doing great. Congrats!!
  • Options

Yep, that was us on the news.  Poor DH- of all of the material they had of him and of DD1 they chose the WORST snippets! 

I wasn't scared at all.  I probably should have been, I know that anything could have happened and gone wrong but I just KNEW deep down that everything was going to be fine.  I was the same way with my first two DDs as well.  Not that I had them on my own in my bathtub!  Really, everything just went too fast to be worried about anything.  I get in a "zone" while I'm in labor and that keeps me calm and breathing through everything.  What a HUGE difference it was in the tub vs out!  AND I can not imagine having cleaned up that mess anywhere else!  (Like the car or the bed or whatever.)  Squatting to deliver was SOOOOO much nicer than being on my back with my legs in the air, too!  =)  Two easy pushes and out she came! 

• Options

Wow! What an amazing story!

Glad to hear that you and baby are doing well. Congrats!

• Options
    Wow, Congrats and glad everyone is doing well. That is an amazing story.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageangel22:
    Really, everything just went too fast to be worried about anything.  I get in a "zone" while I'm in labor and that keeps me calm and breathing through everything.  What a HUGE difference it was in the tub vs out!  AND I can not imagine having cleaned up that mess anywhere else!  (Like the car or the bed or whatever.)  Squatting to deliver was SOOOOO much nicer than being on my back with my legs in the air, too!  =)  Two easy pushes and out she came! 

I agree with all of this! Our L&D was an hour long and were weren't worried, just shocked! And squatting is way better than the traditional position! Amazing what a little repositioning will do, right?

Congratulations, what a great story! Smile

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"