Parenting after a Loss
Options

mylicon vs simethicone

Thoughts?

We have simethicone (little tummies gas relief drops).  Not sure if we like it or not yet, used it twice.  I gave it to her 3 hours into her 5 hour gas fit (poor girl kept screaming and farting).  

Also, do you give the drops during feedings throughout the day to stay ahead of the gas? Or just after the symptoms arise? though with her...gas seems to be an issue.

and if it matters...I am EBF.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: mylicon vs simethicone

• Options

Around 4 weeks we noticed DD was having bad gas pains and nights where she would just scream for hours.  I am also EBF and I decided to cut out dairy and see what would happen.  It's like night and day - I have a completely different baby.  It was hard for me in the beginning bc I ate sooo much stuff with dairy but it's easy now that I see the difference.  Maybe try it for a while and see if it helps??

What did help a little was the bicycle movement with her legs...we tried Mylicon but I don't know if that really even helped.

Good luck!

• Options

Lordy, both of your babies are adorable.

I remember giving mylicon to our LO at every night feeding which was every 2-3 hours. I can't remember how often we used it during the day, but I think it was pretty frequent. Sometimes I worried we were overdoing it, but the ped said that we might be chasing the problem as opposed to preempting it otherwise. I suppose you could try giving it to her at every feeding for a week and see if it helps.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Simethicone is the active ingredient in Mylacon so it should work the same!
  • Options

Simethicone is just the generic name and Mylicon is the Brand name.  So either should work the same.

• Options

imageshannonk03:
    Simethicone is the active ingredient in Mylacon so it should work the same!

They are the same thing, just one is generic. I use the Target brand gas drops all the time when DS was tiny!

• Options
    We started giving mylicon at night since she would get such bad gas in the mornings and it has done wonders
  • Options
    Thanks Girls!  As always you are all awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our pedi explained that simethicone is not absorbed by the body - it is essentially a surfactant that breaks up the surface tension of the gas, which is the reason it is safe to use frequently.
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"