Missouri Babies
Options

Birth Control

Brett and I aren't sure if we want another child and if we do have another one it will be 4-5 years from now...that said, I am trying to decide what I want to do as far as birth control. I have been on the pill since I was 17 and since we are looking at a while before we think about another one, I am considering an IUD. Does anyone have any experiences, pro's, con's or problems with an IUD?

Re: Birth Control

• Options

I have known 2 people who had the mirena and it dislodged and caused other problems. One friend it dislodged and almost punctured her uterus and they caught it before it did any damage.  My SIL's friend had it and the same thing happened except it actually caused a lot of damage and she had to have a hysterectomy. Both happened from being installed improperly they believe.

Im sure there are people out there that love them I would just make sure its installed right and have it checked every so often to make sure it hasn't moved around.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The IUD scares me because I have heard too many horror stories. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Mirena and have had it for about 15 months now. I love it. It was slightly painful to have put in but obviously it wasn't worse than childbirth. I have had about 4 periods since having it put in. My SIL had the same one and had a bad reaction to it so had it removed shortly after, but I haven't had any issues with mine.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC Baby #2 - BFP on 12/14/11 @ 10DPO - CP confirmed 12/18/11
    BFP #2 on 1/13/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"