D.C. Area Babies
Options

Fall festivals in MD

I was just looking for some things to go to in MD with the girls this fall and I thought I'd post my recon.  If anyone actually goes to a festival or has info from last year on what it is like, please post!  We can have a similar thread for VA if people are interested.

Eye Spy Halloween Train - at Cabin John park in Bethesda, MD-  Oct 22-30 - This looks really cool for the younger set and we will definitely be trying to do this on a week day with just Maggie.  We go on the train all the time, but I think she may like it this year for Halloween.  I hope to leave Molly at home with one parent while the other goes with Maggie - maybe we can do 2 nights so we each get to go.

Butler's Orchard - Sept 26th-Nov 1st and Columbus Day - $10pp, under 2 free -22200 Davis Mill Road ? Germantown, MD 20876 ? 301-972-3299   This one is right up the road from us so we will definitely be checking it out.

SHARP'S AT WATERFORD FARM - Sept 26th-Nov 1st  - 4003 Jennings Chapel Rd. Brookeville, MD 20833 - this one actually looks free so it may be worth checking out (30min drive for us) even if it doesn't have ALL the bells and whistles of the others.  It does have free hayrides.

Homestead Farm15600 Sugarland Road, Poolesville, Maryland 20837 - This one looks free too with hayrides out to the pumpkin patch on the weekends.

Here's another one closeby, but I don't know if it looks as good as some of the others.

Saturday & Sunday, October 3 & 4
11:00am-4:00pm
Agricultural History Farm Park
18400 Muncaster Road
Derwood, MD 20855
Admission: $10 per car

Re: Fall festivals in MD

• Options
    fun! thank you for posting these - the only fall festivals i know of are alcohol themed (Oktoberfest, MD Wine Festival, etc.). I can't wait till DS is old enough to really appreciate them, but I think we're going to take him pumpkin picking this year regardless. Sharp's is basically down the street from my mom's and we've never checked it out.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageeeclem:
    fun! thank you for posting these - the only fall festivals i know of are alcohol themed (Oktoberfest, MD Wine Festival, etc.). I can't wait till DS is old enough to really appreciate them, but I think we're going to take him pumpkin picking this year regardless. Sharp's is basically down the street from my mom's and we've never checked it out.

It's always nice to get them out in the fresh air if it is nice out.  I am sure he will look awfully cute in a pic next to a pumpkin as well.  A lot of the farm have nice fall decorations and yummy foods for us adults too.

• Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"