LGBT Parenting
Options

So, it looks like we have a donor!

He is on board and it looks like next Friday is the lucky day!  I now have a little more than a week to learn as much about home IVI as possible.  Wish us luck.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: So, it looks like we have a donor!

• Options
    Good Luck.. I wish you both on the first try!  Think positive and relax!!  
  • Options
    Lots of luck to you!  Just two quick questions - is a week enough time to get his medical check (HIV test, STDs, etc)? Also, will you have enough time to draw up a legal donor agreement?  Maybe your donor has already done all this so it isn't an issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the advice/concern.  Yes, have already got all of this taken care of over the last month.  In Alberta, where we live, there is no legal necessity for a document due to our legislation, however we have drafted one for our own understanding and in case, God forbid, anything should happen our families know exactly what everyone agreed to.

I am soooooo excited!

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am sorry, I have to ask, Home IVF?  I would like to be filled in on how this works...I have never heard the term before.
  • Options

Basically the "turkey baster" method.  I hate the sound of that.  Our donor collects his sample in a needleless syringe (like the kind you get for giving oral meds) and then we deposit it. 

We ended up having to do it on Thursday rather than Friday due to scheduling issues, but we try again tomorrow!  It went very well!  Then only awkward thing was we did it at his parents cabin (a place we had never been before) because he was called out of town for work.  Ahh, the things we won't do to make a baby! Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"