Parenting after 35
Options

Swine (H1N1)flu shots?

Jennifer asked about flu shots, but what about this one?  Are you going to give your LO this?  I see ped in 2 weeks and will ask her opinion then.

Re: Swine (H1N1)flu shots?

• Options
    Are you getting the regular shot, Mari?
  • Options
    Tenatively yes.  It's so much more damaging to the respiratory system and with both DCs in daycare (and the H1N1 has already shown up in some daycares here in the area), it seems foolish not to do so unless our pedi recommends otherwise.  We will get ourselves and DD immunized at the end of October and DS immunized when he reaches 6 mos.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJenniferTCU:
    Are you getting the regular shot, Mari?

I am not sure.  I have read that they are rushing to get it out.  I'll see what  her Pediatrician says.  I may get the regular shot though.

• Options
    It's not for babies under 6 months so I'll think about it 4 months from now. DH and I will be getting the regular flu shot when we take M in for his 2 month check-up though.
  • Options
    Since I am BF, I asked her pediatrician if it's safe for me to get the flu shot & also the swine flu shot & he said yes. The LO has to be 6 months to get flu shot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i'm not going to preach here but i will tell you - do a lot of your own research on this, ladies.
  • Options
    flu shots are "new" each year- so the fact that the H1N1 is "new" doesn't bother me at all.  We'll all be getting it, if avail.
  • Options
    I haven't decided.  Seasonal flu + swine flu would equal four additional shots for S, since she would need two doses of each.  Plus, she didn't get a flu shot last year (DH and I did), and she was fine.  I'm going to see how things play out in the next few weeks regarding how widespread swine flu is in our area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"