Baby Showers
Options

Etiquette advice

Ok so I have alot of friends that are all connected. Some I am alot closer to than others. I want to invite the close ones, however I don't want the others to be upset they weren't invited. But on the other hand I don't want them to feel like " I don't know her, she is greedy". What do you think I should do????

Re: Etiquette advice

• Options
    only invite people you see every three months or so. If the did not get an invite and feel close they may come anyway. i just recently got an invite for someone I have not seen since last foot ball season and I did not even know she was pregnant. I thought this was TACKY and did not attend, but its really up to you!
  • Options
    I personally contend that MOST mature, rational women will NOT be offended to not be invited to a shower of someone they are not close to. I don't feel this decison should be based on the FEW who actually get their panties in a bunch over this. You're allowed to have a smaller shower if you want.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I struggled with this when it came to my work friends.  I mean, people from work that I spend time w/ outside of work.  Some, more than others.  So I invited the 'some', and then when the conversation came up about one of the 'others', I mentioned exactly what you said--that they were of course welcome, but I didn't want them to feel obligated to buy us a gift, and didn't want to seem greedy.  She was thrilled that she was able to come, and brought an amazing gift--so it all worked out.  The rest never showed an interest, even though word got out about our reasoning, so I think in the end I made the right decision.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same situation and invited everyone bc I didn't want anyone to feel left out. They didn't come and I wasn't surprised nor did I care. They are all friends through DH and I am not close to them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    I think it is very difficult.  My DD invited all of their friends and all of the relatives that we get together with on holidays.  We never see our relatives except 2-3 times a year so everyone is always invited to showers, etc.  As far as friends, that is a hard one.  Those friends that you don't feel that close to might feel they are close to you...KWIM?  I would probably just invite everyone and if they really don't feel close they will decline.
  • Options
    No advice, just wanted to say your full name is on your ultrasound picture...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"