Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Any success stories from changing Alimentum to Similac Sensitive?

How old was your LO?
Where they on Alimentum for reflux or milk protein allergy?
How long did it take for LO to get used to it?
Any advice?

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Any success stories from changing Alimentum to Similac Sensitive?

• We just did this after we figured out that DD either never had the dairy sensitivity we thought she might have, or she grew out of it.

We didn't go straight from Alimentum to Sensitive. I had a sample can of Similac Advance so I started giving her a little bit of that, gradually increasing the amount each day until we were giving more Advance than Alimentum. She was always extra gassy after the Advance so when I ran out of both Alimentum and Advance (and realizing she did alright on milk based formulas) I decided to try out the Sensitive that is lactose free. 

We're in our 2nd week of using the Sensitive and she has done great on it. Very little spitting up and gas! I may try a generic brand after we finish the current container to see if that will work for her. 

It seemed to work really well for my DD to gradually wean her onto the new formula - the first day I started adding in the Advance I did 2oz. the next day I did 4oz. and built up from there. I'm sure the same would work with Sensitive. I should also add that up until yesterday I was still BFing some too so her middle of the night feedings were BM. 

• Um it didnt go over well at all. The pedi recommended we try the Similac Sensitive RS and he would not drink it. I thought something was wrong with him! I was so freaked out but when i made him a formula with the alimentum he was fine!! Hope it works out better for you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Not really exactly what you're looking for but my DS is on Nutramigen for reflux but was SUPER gassy from it (odd) so my pedi suggested I alternate every other bottle SS and nutra.

It works great for us. I hope to try eventually to get rid of the nutra. and just strictly on SS. I'll probably try that around 4 months.

• I changed my DS from Alimentum to Sensitive without a problem.  He has some reflux and the Alimentum just made it worse.  I made the change cold turkey and he did fine.  We only use RTF formula, so this might have made a difference as well.  Most recenlty, I ditched my beloved Playtex Drop Ins for Dr. Browns and he's been a different kid.  Good luck.

ETA: My DS's poop changed *majorly*...on the A, it was a funny pale brown and creamy, on the S, it's more seedy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"