Maryland Babies
Options

Switching Jobs

I am looking to switch jobs. I am currently a Veterinary Technician but when this bump gets bigger I don't know if I will be able to continue doing my job. Not to mention I've had to stop doing x-rays, and some surgeries...I'm afraid they are going to get rid of me. SO I need to switch. I have a BS in Animal Behavior and a minor in Psychology.  

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any good ideas. I just feel like...who is going to want me now?! 

Thanks Ladies :)

18wks and counting!! 

Re: Switching Jobs

• Options

Do you get maternity leave/pay @ your current job?

I would look into the details of your current job's policy.  While it is illegal for someone to NOT hire you because you are pregnant many companies have policies where they don't offer any paid leave if an employee has been there for less than a year. 

As someone who moved back to this state and then promptly got pregnant (when I didn't have a job) I ended up working retail during my pregnancy and now I am a SAHM.  I should have/could have looked for a "better" job while I was pregnant, but I knew the likelihood of finding a job that would give me decent maternity leave after only being there for 6/7 months was slim and I really was not a fan of going back to work when my baby was only 4-6 wks old.

I know many women start their job search while pregnant and then quit @ the end of their maternity leave and start a new job after the baby is born. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"