Infertility
Options

IVF - Do you take all of your injections at the same time??

I will be doing Lupron, Menopur and Bravelle.  Will I take them all at the same time of day - I rather take all the injections at night.  Also - do you have a different needle for each mediction??  So I will have three injections a night - is that correct??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IVF - Do you take all of your injections at the same time??

• Options
    WHen I did Long Lupron, my doctor had me do the Lupron in the morning and stims at night. I was not on menopur but repronex instead (not sure if that will make a difference) but I was able to mix both the repronex and Bravelle in for 1 shot.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

If you are using a Follistim pen then yes, you will have 3 different injections to do.

I was told I could do my Lupron morning or night - I did morning so that I would only have 2 injections at night.

But, I had to do my Menopur and Follistim at night.  The reasoning behind that is so your RE can review your bloodwork and ultrasounds and determine if you need to up your dose that day or not.

ETA: I am not all there today and just re-read your post....since you are not doing Follistim, you should be able to mix the Bravelle and Menopur together and only have one inject for that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My RE had a preference and I took them all at night.  Some REs have you take them at night, others in the morning and some twice a day so you should check with your RE for the schedule.

You can mix the menopur, bravelle, and lupron all together so you can do it in one shot (again assuming your RE wants you to take them at the same time).  I always mixed by bravelle/menopur and did my lupron separate because I had so many vials of bravelle/menopur that I was over the mixing limit so I was paranoid even though the RE said I could combine them all.

Good luck!

• Options
    ditto krissy - lupron in morning, stims at night, was able to combine stims into one shot. get that belly ready!
  • Options

I did Lupron at night until I started my stims at which point I was instructed to now do Lupron and Menopur (two separate injections) in the mornings and then Gonal-F in the evenings. 

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image Eloise & Grant born 7/3/11
  • Options
    i was on lupron and gonal-f...   different needles for each shot, and i took them both at night.     but to make it a little easier on my body, we did the lupron in the thigh, and the stim shots in the belly.
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I take everything at night. I will take lupron, follistim, and menopur. Yes it will be three separate needles as well. Some medications like menopur you actually have to mix so you have to use two different needles for that one shot. Some times if people are taking higher doses of stims they have to break it up into morning and evening. But I do just one dose.
  • Options
    I did them all at night.  All together.  I did a different needle for all three.  It was easier for me since follistim was in a pen, and I had to mix the menopur.  I don't know about bravelle.  Can you mix it with the menopur?  
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I do all mine at night...it's just easier for me and also my RE said if I did them in the morning, I would need to hold off on days of bloodwork until they tested so that made it more inconvenient.

To clarify some of the prior posts - everyone's protocol is often different so everyone's experiences posted here is not the way it's always done.  Someone said with a follistim pen you would have 3 injections but that is not always the case...I mix the Follistim pen with Menopur so I only do 2 inejctions a night (Lupron and Menopur/Follistim).

5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be doing Menopur in the am, Lupron and Gonal F in the evening. Yes all separate needles.

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Options
    I took Micro Lupron, Bravelle and Menopur, 4 shots a day. One needle of lupron and then I mixed the Bravelle and Menopur for another shot. I did this in the morning then again at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"