Success after IF
Options

mucus-y/stringy poop?

I EBF and when I just changed Jake's diaper it was stringy and it seemed like the strings were mucus...is this cause for concern? No fever and he's acting totally normal. Thanks!

Re: mucus-y/stringy poop?

• Options
    I think it's normal- at least I hope so as G's poop often is very mucousy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD poop is pretty much always mucusy. I BF only I never thought to be concerned since that's pretty her poop. Now in starting to wonder
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ebf and dds poop was like that a lot when she was younger.  I asked the pedi about it and showed her (dd happened to poop while we were there) and she told me it was nothing to be concerned about as long as it didn't change to red (or have red streaks in it).  I don't noticed it as much anymore especially now that we've added solids in the mix.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That concerned me a bit in the beginning too. But my pedi explained that babies don't have the ability to expel mucous the way adults do (sneezing, blowing nose, coughing) so they swallow a lot of it. As long as there isn't any blood, you're pretty good to go.
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I think that it is normal almost all of the time, however, it wasn't with my DS.  I totally thought it was, but it ended up that he had a milk protein allergy.  He had blood in his stool, but I couldn't tell b/c it was never red or tinged with red.  The only way we found out was at the hospital (for something unrelated) and they tested him and he was pretty anemic due to the blood in his stools.  Then they tested his stool and it was positive.  This indicated the milk protein allergy.  We switched formula and he reacted wonderfully.

Odds are it is totally fine as you heard all of the pedis' comments in the PPs.  The only other symptom was that DS was pale.  I thought he was just very fair, but now I look back at those pics and he was very pale.

Also, he never reacted to my breastmilk, only when we had to switch to formula b/c my supply tanked...  I am sure that Jake is just fine, but just check his stools and stuff like that. 

Nothing to see here....
  • Options
    DS's gets this sometimes too.  It's only occasionally and I think it may have to do with something in my diet or like another poster said, mucous that he swallowed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"