Special Needs
Options

::soontobeahigh::

I didn't know that your little girl had been born until I just saw your ticker, so congratulations!!! How is Elizabeth doing?? How are you doing?
Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome

Re: ::soontobeahigh::

• Options
    Yes, she came almost 7 weeks early. She is still in the NICU and will be for a while still. She is doing great, she just has to get her suck/swallow down. I am doing good as well. I have my days, but I guess that is normal. Im just ready for her to get home so we can get on with things, you know? I hope all is well with you too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sorry butting in!  Congrats on your DD.  I remember those days - I couldn't wait for her to come home.  Has your NICU tried a special feeder bottle?  It worked wonders for Abby.  It is by medela.  It is made for babies with cleft palates.  A nurse in the NICU actually tried it because there was a abby with a cleft palate and so she ordered 2 bottles.  The nipple is longer so it hits the roof of their mouth better and helps them start to suck.  The swallow issue I can't comment on.  Good luck to her and I hope she is home soon!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't remember if you said this before, but does she have any heart issues? That sucks that she'll be in the NICU for a while longer. It's so hard to see them there when you just want them home to hug and hold!!

Good luck, and blessings to you and your newly expanded family!! 

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome
  • Options

imageRagdoll72:
    Sorry butting in!  Congrats on your DD.  I remember those days - I couldn't wait for her to come home.  Has your NICU tried a special feeder bottle?  It worked wonders for Abby.  It is by medela.  It is made for babies with cleft palates.  A nurse in the NICU actually tried it because there was a abby with a cleft palate and so she ordered 2 bottles.  The nipple is longer so it hits the roof of their mouth better and helps them start to suck.  The swallow issue I can't comment on.  Good luck to her and I hope she is home soon!!

Ditto about butting in and about the bottle.  It's called a Haberman and DD used it to reduce friction on the inside of her mouth.  They're pricey but if you can get some while you're in the hospital I'd say go for it.

• Options
    Thanks for the info on the bottles. We are using Dr. Browns right now and they seem to be working good. She just gets tired easily. She is doing 2 bottles a day right now, we are trying to add a 3rd this weekend. She doesn't have any heart issues and we are so thankful for that. I am just ready to get her home.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"