North Florida Babies
Options

why does TTC have to be so mentally and emotionally tiring?!

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

I approached this as if it would happen immediately.   Then it didn?t, and I am like what the heck? Then after reading enough material on babies, TTC, fertility, infertility, vitamins and foods  to earn me an AA degree, I am trying to trick myself into being nonchalant while all the time yelling at my self internally. Sigh. I just wish this was not so draining.

Got a BFN last month, but what made me sit up and take notice was that it was 5 days late, and then AF was so HEAVY. Changed every 2 hours for 2 days! This happened to me a year ago when we started trying, but I never really thought much of it. Now I am wondering, but I am waiting one more month to see what happens. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Sorry guys just needed to vent a little.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: why does TTC have to be so mentally and emotionally tiring?!

• Options

I don't know what the heck happened above! My message was:

I approached this as if it would happen immediately. Then if didn't, and I am like what the heck? The after reading enough material on babies, TTC, fertility, vitamins, and foods to earn an AA degree, I am trying to trick myself into being nonchalant while all the time yelling at my self internally. Sigh. I just wish this was not so draining.

Got a BFN last month, but what made me sit up and take notice was that it was 5 days late, and then AF was so HEAVY. Changed every 2 hours! This happened to me a year ago when we first started trying (didn't happen for a few months, had no AF for a whole month, and then we stopped because we were changing jobs and moving), but I never really thought much of it. Now that it happened again, I am wondering, but I am waiting one more month to see what happens.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Sorry guys, just needed to vent a little. 

• Options

Did you just get off of BCP?  My first period after BCP was like that.

Have you been charting?  It really helped me when we were TTC, it helped identify a problem I had (luteal phase defect) that would have prevented me from getting pregnant without help.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No I was no on BC.
    My charting is pretty basic. Just the dates of my AF. How did you chart? There is this little voice going off in my head saying that there might be a problem, but I wanted to make sure that when I went to the doctor they won't tell me to see what happens for a few months. 

• Options

I know my OB won't talk to you about problems TTC until you've been trying for at least 6 months, more likely 12 though.

When I charted, I took my temperature every morning using a basal body thermometor.  You have to take it at roughly the same time every day after having several hours of sleep, and you take it right when you wake up, before you even get out of bed.  You'll notice that when you ovulate your temperature spikes.  The book I recommended to you (Taking Charge of your Fertility) explains it in detail and comes with really great software to help you track it.  You can also use fertility friend (https://www.fertilityfriend.com) to track it. 

With charting the way you are, I would have never recognized the problem I was having, I had a 27 day cycle but I ovulated on day 18, so the egg didn't have time to implant before I got my period.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the website, I was just checking it out. Makes me feel as if I am back in math class where I have to read graphs :). I guess tmw morning I will run out and buy a basal body thermometer.

Again thanks so much. I appreciate all the info :)
  • Options
    You're welcome, good luck!
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"