Louisiana Babies
Options

Wake up BR Babies

Just wanted to see what everyone is doing today....mine is great i have offically decided to get off BC now instead of November so the offical TTC period has begun..... any advise would be appreciated! Have an awsome day!

Re: Wake up BR Babies

• Options

Hey Savanna!

What a great decision. I don't want to TTC until November or later but wanted to get my cycles regular so it would be easier to figure out when i was ready. I got off in July and my first cycle was 35 days long and i'm waiting to see what this cycle is going to be. Be patient though because i've seen some who have 45+ days until their cycle comes. You migth want to watch your temperatures and get ovulation predictor kits if you want to get to know your body better. Everybody is different so your body needs time to adjust to the change in hormones but congratuatlions and i can't wait to see your story unfold! Yay!!! Party!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Thank you, how exactly does taking temps work if you dont mind....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You may or not need this, but I highly suggest the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  You can get a cheaper copy of it on Amazon and it will walk you through everything that involves TTC and TTA.  We were trying for quite some time and I figured that I knew quite a bit but still found this book to have a wealth of knowledge that I feel every woman should know.  I've been charting for a while now but I strongly urge you to just enjoy trying for a while before getting involved in the obsession of the temps and stuff. 

If you do have questions about charting, let me know. I will be happy to help.  Also, FertilityFriend.com has a tutorial that helps to learn all about it.

Best thing I could say is to please not freak out if it doesn't happen right away.  I see so often where women go absolutley bonkers by the third or fourth month of trying which is actually perfectly normal. 

P.S. Don't forget to have fun!  Our TTC journey has not been the best one and I wish that I could enjoy ours a bit more. 

• Options
    Thank you. We will definately do that.... I was going to wait til november but I just said to hell with it and decided sunday that I didnt want to take it anymore. I think we are just going to have fun with it for awhile and if need be start charting. I wish yall the best... I hope yall get a BFP very soon! keep in touch!
  • Options
    Good luck to you too!  BTW, I love your siggy pic. 
  • Options

imagevannakay:

I suggest www.fertilityfriend.com as well. It has tutorials and tips as well. You just want to take your temp first thing in the morning before you get out of bed. I do take my temp but not because i'm trying yet, i just want to see how accurate FF (fertility friend) is at pinpointing my O date so that i know when to really start trying. Some people ovulate much later in their cycle so i just want to get to know mine as good as possible! Good luck!! Big Smile

Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    imagePinkLove-S:

imagevannakay:

I suggest www.fertilityfriend.com as well. It has tutorials and tips as well. You just want to take your temp first thing in the morning before you get out of bed. I do take my temp but not because i'm trying yet, i just want to see how accurate FF (fertility friend) is at pinpointing my O date so that i know when to really start trying. Some people ovulate much later in their cycle so i just want to get to know mine as good as possible! Good luck!! Big Smile

FF is only as accurate as it's user. =)  If you take your temp at the exact same time every morning correctly, it will be able to pinpoint when you O but only after you have actually ovulated. However, this doesn't mean that you will O on the same day every month necessarily.  The first half of your cycle can always change.  It is typically your Luteal Phase (second half, post O) that is the same number of days each month but even that can vary slightly from month to month.  FWIW, I O anywhere from CD 14 to CD 23.  So unless I use OPK's in conjunction with temping, I could often miss my window. 
  • Options

Good luck Vannakay! I went off birth control last July. My H was in India for 6 weeks twice. Came home for good in November and I found out I was pregnant towards the end of January. I wasn't charting but was thinking of it because my cycles were getting longer and longer (they were passing 36+ days) I was really curious on how the whole charting thing would actually help but never got to do it.

• Options
    congrats on the pregnancy and good luck....
  • Options
    Thanks... im still trying to figure out how to work all of this.. lol I will get it one day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"