Success after IF
Options

Anyone get pregnant on Metformin alone?

And the reason I ask, of course, is that that's where I am at the moment. ?Recently diagnosed with PCOS and waiting to see if Metformin alone will do the trick. ?I've been on it almost two months now.

Re: Anyone get pregnant on Metformin alone?

• Options

I have mild pcos and got pg on met alone, started taking it in January, got pg in april, m/c and got pg again in july, stopped taking the met in sept ~12wks.  We also have MFI so who knows.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Met, but I technically did.  I had only been on it 3 or 4 days when I would have ovulated.  I think I just got really lucky since I was anovulatory.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageefooey:

I have mild pcos and got pg on met alone, started taking it in January, got pg in april, m/c and got pg again in july, stopped taking the met in sept ~12wks. ?We also have MFI so who knows.

GL!

E?

?

Thanks! ?And when you say "mild PCOS" what does that mean? ?I thought you either had it or you didn't. ??

• Options

imagelindsaynjason:
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Met, but I technically did.? I had only been on it 3 or 4 days when I would have ovulated.? I think I just got really lucky since I was anovulatory.

?

Hahahaha! ?That is so awesome and lucky! ?Can you give me some of that good mojo?

?;)?

• Options

I did!  Before DD, we tried for 6 months before my FP put me on Met.  Once I started taking 1000 mg everyday (I was in denial for a few months), I got pg within a month. I lost that baby, started taking 1500 mg daily and got pg the next cycle.  That baby was a blighted ovum and 3 months after my D&C I got pg with DD.  I stayed on it until 24 weeks (my choice-my OB said I could stop at 13 weeks).  I went back on it when DD was 9 months old and the month I weaned her, I got pg and m/c'd.  Then I got pg with this baby one cycle later.  I stopped taking it this time around at 18 weeks.

My OB told me I have "bad eggs" and the Met improves my egg quality.  I totally think it helped me get and stay pg.

Good luck!  I hope it happens for you too! 

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Options
    Yes.  After Clomid didn't work my RE wanted me to try Metformin with Clomid as a last resort before injectables.  I got pregnant while on the first month of Metformin, before I even got a chance to take the Clomid with it.
  • Options

Yes.....twice!

The first time I was only on it for about a month, we got PG, but had a very early m/c (around 5.5 weeks.....)

This current PG is the result of Met only......I started taking it around early October and we got PG in February.....

I should also add that both times I was doing the "PCOS diet" (low carb, no sugar, etc.....)

GL!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did with DD.  Doc put me on met first and wanted me on it 6 months before clomid, but I got pg after just a couple months.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"