Georgia Babies
Options

long torso/short legs - anyone else's child have this?

Caroline takes after her daddy and has a long torso, but short legs.  And it is driving me crazy!  It is so hard to find her clothes that fit right.  She is in 18-24 months now, but the pants are about 3-4 inches too long for her.  By the time she is long enough to wear them she will need 2T.  If you child has this body type what clothes/brands work best?  I have all but given up on pants from Gymboree - they are so long!  She is going to end up living in leggings and dresses.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers

Re: long torso/short legs - anyone else's child have this?

• Options

I'm the same way and so is Ridge (while Colton is the opposite). 

I look for pants with the waist synch thing in them.  He is 28 months and can still wear 18-24 months but can wear 2T if I can adjust the waist smaller and sometimes I may have to roll the legs once.

We do a lot of botique brands as they run a little smaller.  I like tutibella.com and always shop the clearance.

I also like Tea Collection and then Gymboree and Gap are great about having the adjustable waist.   

• Options

You might really have to do the dresses/legging route for a while!  Although I have found that Old Navy seems to run a little shorter in length.  Especially after you wash it.  Are 12-18 mos to tight around the waist? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageK&P414:

You might really have to do the dresses/legging route for a while!  Although I have found that Old Navy seems to run a little shorter in length.  Especially after you wash it.  Are 12-18 mos to tight around the waist? 

Oh yes!  I don't know how much longer she is going to last in 18-24 month in Old Navy/Carter's - they are already getting a little tight on her.  Gap and Gymboree are a little more true to size so she will be good in their clothes for a while.  But we said bye-bye to 12 month clothes a couple of months ago.  Caroline is a big baby, so she needs to be in 18-24 month for her waist.  It is just sriving me crazy because her little legs are so short!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Finn is like this, we just buy different size tops and bottoms.  Like right now he's in a 3T top and 2T pants.
  • Options
    This is why Iove short season because it is so hard to find Nate pants too.  I found that Baby gap is the best not the greatest but close enough.  I have to roll them up.  Also finding adjustable waist band too.  I heard that JCPenny carries these.  I found a girl pair for my neice at costco.  These are probably your best option
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"