Boston Babies
Options

Registry Options

The hubby and I have been browsing around and the other day we decided to check out Babies R Us, boy were we dissapointed. Everything seemed to be poor quality and the atmosphere was awkward as if they crammed everything they could find to make as much as possible. Long story short we did not like it. I will likely have two showers, one in my hometown and one in Boston so we're stuck trying to find a nice place to register ourselves that is accessible to both locations. We feel trapped to go with the chain. Thoughts?

Re: Registry Options

• Options

We were in BRU recently too and was very disappointed.  I have yet to find a decent baby store locally.  I will most likely have two showers too, hometown and local.  You can try buybuybaby.com, but there are none locally.  Looking forward to other posters with some ideas.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I recommend reading the book Baby Bargains before you register for anything!  It is totally overwhelming but totally worth it.  It will help you figure out what really is cheap and what really is worth the extra money.  That way if you do decide to go with one of the chain stores, you can sort through the name brands much easier.  Also, keep in mind that the stuff at Babies R Us has been tried, tested, and touched by hundreds of other people - so even items that started off as good quality may wind up looking cheap. 

My favorite local store is Chulamama in Salem - but that may be a little difficult for out of town showers.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our families live out of town as well, but we were not impressed with the large chains such as Babies R Us. We found Magic Beans from the Baby Expo back in March and love the store. We actually registered with them online and have not had any complaints from family thus far. Good Luck!
  • Options
    I second Magic Beans.  We nevered resigtered but ended up buying a lot of the big tickets items from this store and wished we had just done a registry there.  The most knowledgeable sale staff and they put everything together for you!!  I like the Hingham store.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody for the suggestions! It looks like we're going to go with two different places, one will be babies r us for the basics and everything else from either Magic Beans or Wild Child. Good luck all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"