Philadelphia Babies
Options

Maine Line Doctor

My husband and I just found out we are pregnant and I am looking for a great doctor. We only just moved into the area in the last year and I have only been to my current gyno once. I am currently with Dr. Burns at Bryn Mawr Women's Health Assocs- but Im not sure I like her. Has any body has her or can anyone suggest a more friendly doctor?

All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Maine Line Doctor

• Options
    Hi - I love Doctors Rudo, Heinzel, and Laveran.  Their offices are on Broomall and they deliver at Lankenau. 
  • Options

dr phillip hirshman. i have recommended him to several nesties and they have all thanked me. he delivers at BM.

right in King of prussia.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto Dr. Hirshman - he's great!

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • Options
    I go to your current practice and I have to say that my feelings about them are luke warm. Prior to getting pregnant my only experience with them was with Dr Abder, who I loved, but she just left the practice so now Im not too excited about going there anymore. The Drs are knowledgable and reputable and you'd be perfectly well cared for there, but I do think you might find a more personal connection elsewhere. And, for what its worth, my friends baby was delievered by Dr Burns and she said that despite her somewhat brusque office visit demenor, she was great in delivery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you for your thoughts! Its great to know that I am not the only one who feels that way. I hate feeling like I am an annoyance to her when I see her.  I am actutally looking into the Birthing Center, so I might not need her. But its good to knwo she is great in the delivery room!

Thanks

• Options
    Ive actually never had Dr Burns but the other Drs just seem uninterested in knowing me as a person rather than another chart. In my experience they all take time to answer questions and the like, but I doubt they'd ever recognize me once I walk out the door. Id like to have a more personal experience with a Dr who is ALMOST as excited as I am about this new part of my life.
  • Options
    When did Abder leave?  I loved her.  I really like Dr Ish as well.  I ended up being delived by an on call doc anyway.  He was great but I have no idea what his name was.
  • Options
    Abder left last month I think. One day her name was crossed off the business card and that was that. But I got the official scoop from the office folks and other patients there.
  • Options
    I also see Drs. Heinzel, Rudo and Laveran. ?I mainly saw Dr. Heinzel because I was a planned C-section and high risk. ?I did see all 3 Drs while on bed rest in Lankenau. ?They are all fabulous; a friend of mine referred me to them, and her sister and another friend of ours go there. ?I also referred a few more friends of mine and everybody has been overly pleased with them. ?Good luck!
  • Options
    I love Drs. Rudo, Heinzel, and Laveran.  I saw Dr. Heinzel the most and he delivered me.  I too was high risk and he was amazing!  Probably has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever seen. Congrats and good luck!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am another fan of Dr. Hirschman in KOP.  He was wonderful during my whole pregnancy and delivery at Bryn Mawr.  I definitely recommend him! I even kind of miss going to his office b/c everyone was so nice.  haha.
  • Options

I'm at Main Line Women's Health - Dr. Bernardini is my primary.  They have offices in Rosemont, Plymouth Meeting and Malvern. 

I've been seeing them for 10+ years and haven't had any issues. 

• Options
    A third rec for Rudo, Laveran, Heinzel.  I LOVE Dr. Rudo - she is the best and delivered my first (c/s).
    J1 1.19.07
    J2 11.17.08
  • Options

imageChloe77:
    Hi - I love Doctors Rudo, Heinzel, and Laveran.  Their offices are on Broomall and they deliver at Lankenau. 

I loved them too! Delivered my first DD with them and my second at the birth center which I also loved.

• Options

I tried Dr. Hirshman from the recommendation found here and he is just amazing. Me and my husband are comfortable with him.

Thanks for the recommendation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"