2nd Trimester
Options

Calmer during pregnancy?

Maybe not some of you, but for me, I've gotten a lot calmer and less stressed out about the little things. My husband and i don't nearly bicker as much as we used to. I'm not fuming over everything thing I see. Even the little things about him that ALWAYS bothered me, I don't even notice now. I kind of just go with the flow now. The only thing I am stressing about is January and the months after January. But for right now....I'm good. Is anyone else feeling OK with life and the little things.

Re: Calmer during pregnancy?

• Options
    Definitely me.  I've always been pretty laid back but, since being pregnant, I am very calm.  DH calls me his Buddha wife!!   I am sure that includes the belly as well!  Haha!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep, I was just thinking about this yesterday. I'm much calmer this time around, about everything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd like to think that I TRY to be. I'm more conscious of my reactions to things. That's not to say I'm completely mellowed out...but I am much more aware of when I start to feel tense about something and I do try to control it.
  • Options
    I also feel ALOT calmer and less anxious. I am not sure if it is because I am pregnant or if it is because I was in the hospital before being pregnant and on mood stabilizers, anti anxiety meds and anti depressants (I went off of ALL of them once I became pregnant and didn't even have a problem?). Either way I feel alot better and I enjoy feeling this way alot more than being over anxious and upset about small things all the time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am like the poster child for Zen!  I had 12 screaming kids running around my house today and it didn't phase me a bit, normally I would have been barking orders...this is my new norm.  I wish I could stay pregnant forever!
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    Yeah. DH remarked that I am so mellow, he wants to keep me pregnant indefinitely. I don't know about that...
  • Options
    Yep, I've been extremely zen.  I first noticed because school started(I teach 5th grade) and usually I am stressed and anxious about setting up my classroom and starting the new year.  This year, I was SO calm - setting up my room, getting the first day activities ready, etc.  My coworkers were running around nuts and I was just kind of like ehhh, whatever.  I didn't even have trouble falling asleep the night before. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"