Orange County Babies
Options

Packing for the hospital.

Hey Girls - I'm 50% effaced and 1 cm dialated!  Still 3 wks to go until my due date.  But we're headed to the St. Regis for our "Babymoon" this weekend and my husband wants me to pack "the bag".  any recs on what to bring?  I have a couple of nursing pj sets - but can't find a good bathrobe - I've looked at Vicky's and all the maternity stores anyone have one they love.  Thanks for the advice!  Can't believe it's getting so close.

Re: Packing for the hospital.

• Options
    I actually found I didnt need much. Slippers, pjs, clothes, a robe (i found a really comfy one at Target!), some yummy snacks for after, something to tie your hair back with and makeup/toiletries. ANd of course, clothes for the baby. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly, I did not get dressed the entire time I was in the hospital!  I just wore the hospital gowns the whole time.  It was comfortable and easier for nursing.  When visitors came, I just put on a second gown and wore it open to the front like a robe.

If you want to bring your own clothes, don't bring anything nice.  You will likely bleed for a few days, so you'll be wearing hospital underwear and a pad.  Just bring comfy PJs and a simple robe - something easy to nurse in. 

Also, remember that you will still look about 6-7 months pregnant after the baby is born, so none of your non-maternity clothes will fit.

Congratulations on your soon to be new arrival!  Have a great babymoon.

Karen

https://oc.citymommy.com

• Options

I didn't use half the items that we had packed. 
    I lived in my nursing tanks and yoga pants recovering. I would definitely include something comfy for daytime at the hospital. 

forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • Options
    From my own experience, I brought pj bottoms and nursing tanks.  Although with my first pregnancy, I stayed in the hospital gown until day 2 afternoon,  with my second, I was changed into pj's as soon as the epidural wore off and I showered.  I personally don't think a robe is needed.
  • Options
    Where did you girls get your nursing tanks?  I got one top as "x-pecting" on 17th in Costa Mesa - super cute but $$$.   Do Target or Old Navy make them?
  • Options

imageOCKylie:
    Where did you girls get your nursing tanks?  I got one top as "x-pecting" on 17th in Costa Mesa - super cute but $$$.   Do Target or Old Navy make them?

Target has them for $16.99 & I believe Old Navy sells them on their website (but not in store). I'm still on the search for ones that'll fit F+ cup sizes. :(

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options
    Target, Old Navy and Motherhood. Target's weren't long enough for me. I have heard the best brand is Bravado but pricey.
  • Options
    I love my bath robe. Hubs got it for me before my first LO was born from Nordstrom's. It's by Barefoot Dreams. It's THE best...so soft and cozy.
  • Options
    flip flops for the shower- i know random...
  • Options
    I wish I had brought my boppy.
  • Options

I wish I had known to bring gloves for my LO!!! You can get really nice and inexpensive ones @ Carter for a few dollars, but it will keep you sweet baby unscratched by their little nails! The hospitals don't mention that they don't provide baby clippers or files to keep them from scratching themselves. My poor LO had a huge cut from his nail and still has a bit of a scar now 6 months later.

Also, bring a nice swaddling blanket so that the nurses can show you how to use it and you can redo it when you get home.

I also highly recommend bringing extra sets of baby clothes, a nice baby blanket, etc.

Also, make sure you bring slippers too - so essential! :)

• Options
    I packed a lot more than I needed.  I stayed for two nights.  I took a shower the first day, so whatever you usually use in the shower, but keep in mind you'll be sore (I had an episiotomy...) so shaving your legs might be a little hard!!  Definitely toothbrush/toothpaste, slippers (I just wore flip flops) and something comfy to go home in.  I wore sweats as soon as I could... but did wear the hospital gowns while I was there.  I brought a book but didn't really read it.  Oh, and don't forget to pack things for the baby!!  The hospital should have diapers/wipes, but things you might want like Desitin they didn't provide for us.  Also a going home outfit for the baby... but just keep the weather in mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"