Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

I had my baby!

I just wanted to share that we had our baby. The last month has been quite the roller coaster, I was admitted to the hospital on Aug 5 due to a placental abruption, I was given steroid shots and had to have 4 units of blood. The bleeding finally stopped and I was able to go home last Thurs. afternoon to continue strict bed rest at home, well Sunday I started spotting a little but did get up to eat an awesome breakfast that DH made, right after b-fast I was headed back to bed and felt a gush so I assumed I was bleeding yet again and that I was headed back to the hospital for the rest of the pregnancy but when I got to the bathroom it was blood running down my leg but my water had broken (or at least I was pretty sure thats what happened) so back to the hospital I go but I know at this point if it is truly that then we will have a baby that day, still a little earlier than we wanted.

Jackson  Alexander arrived via c-section at 148p on Sun. he weighs 4lbs 13oz and is 18 in. long. He is in the NICU but breathing on his own and doing pretty well, my ticker has been off for a while so he was born at 33 weeks and 3 days. I am recovering well and have gotten to hold him twice and it is so awesome, my DH wants to know when he will stop crying every time he sees him, he is quite smitten with his son and that is so amazing to see. We dont know when he will come home but will just take it one day at a time, we are so happy to have had almost 4 more weeks after the abruption and are in much better shape at 33 weeks than we would have been at 29. I will hopefully one day figure out how to post pics on here but I just had to share now that I am officially a DFW mommy. :)

Re: I had my baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"