2nd Trimester

What is this?

So, tonight I noticed that I was having some cramps (similar to period cramps). My lower back hurt and my whole abdomen could tense up. Is there a word for this? Hopefully, its just the baby growing, and nothing too serious.

TIA

Re: What is this?

• It could be Braxton Hicks.... I've had that feeling a few times myself. As long as they don't last too long, you should be fine :) My midwife said if they last longer then 10 minutes to call the doctor/hospital!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like BH to me, also. ?Drink lots of water and try switching positions. ?And I agree with previous poster, if it continues, call your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to me around that time, does it feel like you threw out your lower back from picking up something heavy? If so it's your pelvis preparing to carry the baby as they get bigger. As for the cramps, try walking around (if you're sitting) if you're walking around try sitting down and putting your feet up. I've noticed that I get the cramps when I sit up too quickly. But again it'll always help to ask your doctor about this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"