Two Under 2
Options

how is it with 2 kids

my husband and i want to have another baby after he comes back from his deployment and after i come back from mines if i go (cross my fingers i don't go)

So my question is how is it with 2 kids under two. do you find it more stressful? 

what advice would you give me

Re: how is it with 2 kids

• Options

Get a great double stroller, a huge diaper bag, and a script for Xanax. 

Ha...just kidding about the last part (sort of!). 

It's hard.  Some days are nice.  Some days make me want to drive off in my car and never come back.  You have to accept those days and not consider them failures. 

I find many obstacles to doing simple daily tasks....like peeing.  I left the room for 8mns today and found my entire living room smearing with crap because DD1 decided she was going to change DD2's diaper. 

If I could grow another pair of arms and sprout eyes like some sea creature, I'd have it made! 

You'll be fine....you have to be.  Moms don't have any other choice.  And, at the end of the day, even if you think "Wow, that sucked today,,,,,", you still made it through the day and that's what matters.

Good luck!

• Options
    You know, I could relate some of what my brother and SIL share with me (theirs are now 7 and 5), but there is no way to improve on what Daisy just said.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    what daisy said. There are good days and bad days....overall the good far outweighs the bad.  The biggest key is to have a good support network.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

The truth is that you simply never know any different.

I can't imagine having mine spaced any different.

This is just our life.

It's hard sometimes.  The first few months before the baby STTN were really really hard for us but it's paid off in spades because the boys are super close and best friends.

Now it's a blast.

Having 2 kids spaced any age apart will always have its challenges.

But it will also have rewards that by far outweigh the struggles. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    Ditto howleyshell and daisy.  Your workload easily doubles.  Someone needs something and usually at the same time.  I have often had both kids crying for me at the same time (they seem to secretly synch up like that) and had to triage according to need.  It's pretty hard right now but I can see that as DS ages, it will get easier in some sense and harder in others.  But I can't imagine not having 2 right now.  You just deal with it.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Right now it is hard for me because DS2 just wants to be held all the time and it is hard to care for DS1. DS1 has been awesome, so that makes it easier. We are also getting no sleep, so that is hard. But I also know that once he is sleeping it will get easier. And then when they are older and can play together it will all be worth it. We knew it would be hard in the beginning, but we thought it would be hard in the beginning no matter how far apart they were spaced. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I def. would.
  • Options
    I love it most of the time and hate it some of the time. My kids cna be a challege but they can be awesome too.  The 1st 6 months were hard and it has gotten easier every since.  At 1 1/2 and 3 - I am loving it even with the teething and tantrums (3 years is way worse than the terrible 2's by the way).  I had challenges with both my kids - #1 was born with a brain injury and was on meds for a while and lots of doc visits but is totally fine (only a slight delay in some developmental areas but ahead in others so go figure).  #2 had bad reflux for 11 months and has no pain threshold so teething is a pain in the a**.  I love it and every month, as my girls get older and do more and just change, I love it even more.  I was once told the first 18 months of 2 this close together are the hardest and I so believe that.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    I have good days and bad days, but then they are sweet to each other and the bad days just don't matter anymore.  I had days when I thought I should have waited for #2, days when I thought I'm not cut out to be a mom and days when I think it can't possibly be *this* easy and fun.  I love having kids, so much that we're going to TTC #3 next year.  but, there will be a bigger space btwn #2 and #3.  I managed 2u2 once, but I don't think I could do it twice.  Besides, the first two years of #2's life went so freakin' fast!  I was so busy there wasn't much time to think of TTC again.  LOL!
  • Options

So far it has not been that bad.

DD takes a good afternoon naps which gives me time to get stuff done around the house.  DS is a really good sleeper (during the day) and is a really good baby.  If DS would have been anything like DD I would be pulling my hair out daily :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"