Orange County Babies
Options

How long did it take for you to get baby's birth certificate?

We will need to immediately apply for a US Passport after our baby is born - but we cannot do that until we have her birth certificate in hand...

1) Do you apply for a birth certificate in the hospital?

2) How long does it take for the birth certificate to arrive at home?

3) Do you/can you leave the hospital with the birth certificate?

4) Is one county easier to get it faster than another? (I can go to Ventura or LA county to give birth but an planned to go to LA County (Cedars hospital)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: How long did it take for you to get baby's birth certificate?

• Options

1. You will get one from the hospital but it won't be the official one that you need for a passport. The official cert comes from the county. We picked it up from the OC Clerk's Office (by the courthouse).

2. It took a few weeks to get the hospital one. The official one you can go and get the same day.

3. Not sure

• Options

1) Do you apply for a birth certificate in the hospital? We did not. Got the application online later and sent it in.

2) How long does it take for the birth certificate to arrive at home? Took about 1 week.

3) Do you/can you leave the hospital with the birth certificate? I believe you can not

4) Is one county easier to get it faster than another? (I can go to Ventura or LA county to give birth but an planned to go to LA County (Cedars hospital)

I know it is not if you go to Riverside but I am not sure about the two counties you mentioned.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"