Eco-Friendly Family
Options

So what potty chair do/did you have that you LOVED?

My DD loves potties at other kids houses so I want to get her one of her own. My friend has one but you have to LIFT them onto it which I'd rather have one where she could get on and off on her own.

Suggestions?

Re: So what potty chair do/did you have that you LOVED?

• Options

we have one from the late 80's (hand-me-down from my aunt). it is awesome. the potty part actually lifts off and attaches to the toilet. then the base flips over and is a step stool. (so a multi-tasker!)

i had it on the floor, but DS would scream when he was on it. ?when i realized the top could go on the toilet, i sat him up there. he loved sitting on it when it was on the toilet. ?

(i'll try to find a pic of the one we have)?

ETA: ours is similar to this:?image?

• Options
    w have like four different ones......my mom picked another up from ikea for her house and suprise, he LOVES that one now and it was only like $3! Go figure! So i went this weekend and got 6 more.....one for both parents, one for my brother, one for daycare, and one for each level of our house! Haha!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I confess that I just got the seat for the toilet because the idea of cleaning out a chair gives me the heebeejeebees.  The only bad thing is that DD is not even 20 lbs and would seriously fall through if we didn't hold her up!  No idea what to do about that...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Honestly? I've always used the kind that fit on the actual toilet.  It's so much easier, especially when you go out or somewhere that only has a regular toilet. 

ETA:  you could also get her a special stepstool - my oldest's had Pooh and her name on it - to use only for potty time, so you don't have to lift her. Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • Options

We started with the potty ring that goes on the toilet. DD loves it - it's padded and has handles. She loves having handles. It's all that we used when she was PTing. She prefers to use it when she has to poop (and I'm really really glad about that!)

After she PTd, we had to get a potty chair for her to use at school, plus I wanted one to keep in the car and I figured we should have one at home too for her to get used to it. We have 3 of the $3.99 ikea ones and they are great (they come in a wide range of colors - I know there are pink, baby blue, green, red, black and white. We have 3 pink ones.)

We also have the step stool/potty chair/potty ring combo that someone posted a picture of.... I hate it.with.a.passion.  DD does not like it. She has never peed or pooped in it. It slips around on the toilet seat way too much for her to feel comfy there, isn't padded, and has no handles. Also, because it comes apart in 3 pieces (the step stool, the seat, and then a little insert/bucket where the pee lands), DD has always treated it like a 3-D jigsaw puzzle and is more interested in taking it apart and playing with it than using it as a potty. Oh, and the step stool part is too short to actually use to get on the potty or reach the sink.

- Jena
  • Options

we have a vintage wooden one--

?

?

it now has a little enamelware bowl that fits the runners beneath it perfectly. lucy can get on and off herself, which is nice. now if i could only get her to pull down her trainers!?

• Options

we have the bjorn one. it was the only non-toilet seat one at BRU that didn't have some sort of cartoon on it and so now it's ours. i didn't put a lot of thought into it. I am glad it has a little penis stopper on the front, though. And the chair thing doesn't get that dirty... just the litlte bit that you lift out to empty and since he doesn't poo in it yet it hasn't been that big of a deal. We just help him dump the pee in the potty, rinse it out and pour that water into the potty and then he gets to flush. It's the only time we flush the toilet for just pee, haha, but he loves it so much. 

oh and i should answer - the reason we don't jsut use the toilet seat kind is because he was a bit scared of them. he was interested in going on the potty, though, so we thought this would be a good compromise. hopefully the transition to the big potty won't be too hard for him someday... i do worry about it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"