TTC After a Loss
Options

Decision Help Needed

Tomorrow I have to go in for a blood draw to check my liver functions (b/c of Met).  Should I get a beta as well?

Other info:

- 9dpo tomorrow (test at 4pm)

- Temp dropped like a rock today (chart in siggy)... not sure if that matters for anything

- Don't feel "pregnant" or "not pregnant";  Any potential symptoms could be attributed to Metformin or Progesterone

- Beta is covered by insurance

- Not sure that I want to found out that I'm pg (or not) via a phone call from a nurse

What would you guys do?

Re: Decision Help Needed

• Options

Just because I'm obsessive, I would probably make them do the beta levels.

It's not the picture perfect way to find out you're ku, but atleast you'd know and not have to wait a few more days. I found out that way. I had to have a bunch of other tests run when I found out I was ku w/dd.

But.....that's just me. If you decide to not have them do it, wait w/me until Friday or Saturday to test!!!

• Options
    Forgot to add that I will get a beta done no matter what... just not necessarily tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    how long is your usual luteal phase?  i probably wouldn't get it checked.  ah, who knows i might.  decide when you get there for the b/w.  GL either way! 
  • Options

imagetexas77:
    how long is your usual luteal phase?

Usual luteal phase... ha ha... I wish I knew

I've only ovulated 3 other times in the passed year and twice I was pg.  Oh well... something to think about.

• Options
    Since you are there and it is covered by your insurance, I would say go for it. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJacquiemark:
    Since you are there and it is covered by your insurance, I would say go for it. GL!

I agree...you might as well go for it. GL!

• Options
    Why not? That could be an implantation dip you had today....
    5/17/09 incomplete m/c at 7 w 4 d. D&C 5/21/09 BFP #2- 8/9/09 Beta #1: 65 Beta #2: 30. CP 8/16 4 w 2 d BFP #3- 9/9/09 Please let the third time be the charm! First u/s 7w2d hb 150 bpm. Go baby! EDD 5/23/10 DD born 6/3/10 6 lbs, 14 oz; 20 1/2 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP 11/4/2011 11 DPO. 1st u/s 12/7/11 Strong heartbeat, baby measuring two days ahead. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I say why not... if it was covered under my ins I'd do it!!!
  • Options
    I rather enjoy peeing on things, so I say wait.  GL with your b/w tomorrow!
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd get the beta but only because I have an in and can check my own labs.  Having the results held hostage would drive me nuts.  Pee sticks are instant gratification.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the inputs ladies.... I'm leaning towards not getting it.  Seems some how more "normal" that way (if anything about this could be considered normal).  Plus, then I can wallow in my self pity personally when I get my BFN and I don't have to hold a "straight face" with the nurse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"