1st Trimester
Options

Warning!!! Totally disgusting and way TMI!

Read at your own risk.....seriously. 

Its totally disgusting but I have to share, because today I experienced the most horrible two and a half hours in my living memory.  

So I've been totally constipated from the prenatals, its been like over a week.  Totally uncomfortable and makes me already look pregnant.  

Anyway, for lunch this afternoon my sister made what my body thought it wanted.....an egg salad sandwich, which tasted amazing.  

Anyway, about a half hour after I ate it my stomach started seizing in on itself and you could hear the most awful "this is going to be the worst runs" noises gurgling from it.  And I'm thinking, "oh no I have three seconds to get to eh bathroom"  Only I had about and hour and a half of agony and I've had the runs before and food poisioning and this felt like the latter of the two.  But because I was so constipated, the runs were stuck behind what I had eaten for the entire week!  So I couldn't just have the runs and be done with it, instead I had to deal with the worst dietary distress I've ever been in for over an hour! 

I had to open my sister's shower and throw up into the bath tub while sitting on the toilet.  I thought I was going to die.  It was sooooo painful.  I won't tell you how it ended, but I will NEVER eat egg salad again!  (which is a shame because I loved it)  and the jury is still out on eggs in general.  Ick just thinking about them makes me want to barf and run and hide!

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: Warning!!! Totally disgusting and way TMI!

• Options
    Oh that sucks!  Sorry.  Hope you feel better soon.  I'm with you on the eggs.  DH tried to make me an omelet yesterday and I gagged trying to eat it.  Eggs are bad news.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    OMG, that's horrible. I am so sorry. For you, your sisters bathroom, Stick out tongue GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man! So sorry! No fun at all. I hope you're feeling better now.
  • Options

Oh, that sucks!  I'm sorry that made you feel so crappy.

I've dealt with chronic constipation and IBS for the past 8 years and routinely go through the "I have the runs but it's blocked by poo that takes a little more effort to get out" feeling.  Those are good days, though, because I usually get to poo about 4 times even though it's hella painful.

But I digress, feel better soon!

• Options
    OMG that sounds absolutely horrible!!!  Have you taken Colace for the constipation?  I take it at night and usually can poop a little in the morning...even though it is still pretty painful.
  • Options

imagePeach&Fireworks:
    OMG that sounds absolutely horrible!!!  Have you taken Colace for the constipation?  I take it at night and usually can poop a little in the morning...even though it is still pretty painful.

My stupid doctor won't let me take it and prune juice makes me vomit!

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options

aww that sucks though maybe it was a semi good thing cause it "flushed" out your system? maybe? ok probably not sorry.

My prenatal have a stool softener in them so I **Knock on Wood** haven't been constipated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    im so sorry that sucks so bad! but i will tell you coming from someone who was sick all 9 months with my son...i have thrown everything up you can think of sorry (tmi) but DO NOT EAT SALAD! if you are feeling sick at all its prob the worst!
  • Options
    On the plus side, no more constipation!  I heard hot water with lemon also helps with the constipation.  Good luck!
  • Options
    LOL! I'm sorry, I know it isn't funny at all but the way you wrote it made me laugh and I know how horrible it must be. I've felt the same way recently. I LOVE egg salad and I would be so sad not to be able to eat it again. I'm so sorry you had to go through it again. Hopefully you feel better now that its all out of you!
  • Options

UGH I'm having this same problem every week! Pre-prego, I had constipation issues, but now I can only go once a week...and it ends up almost like you described, minus the vomiting. I can't wait to get to my doctor to ask her for something to keep me regular!!   I seriously eat apples, prunes, applesauce, etc. every day, but nothing helps until that one horrible day :O

• Options

This is totally awful but thankfully you were at your sisters house and not at work or doing errands. 

I have been eating 5 dried apricots a day (read it on here actually) and I really think it has helped.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"