Infertility
Options

How do you juggle all these IF shots with having a life?

I felt like I did fine with the inject/iui's.  Follistim got easier to use and I could give it to myself in public bathrooms no prob.  But looking at my schedule some days i'll be doing a few injects (follistim, ganirelix, repronex) and some are mixable.  Of course the schedule all depends on my response so a lot of it is up in the air.  I'm trying to plan a time to get together with some friends and it's about impossible with all our schedules.  I know the time with the friends will be good for my mental health so I hate to put them off bc of these shots! What have you done to juggle your shots and still keep somewhat of a life and your sanity?  Also, do you take them all at the same time or does it matter what time (except for the HCG)?  

Re: How do you juggle all these IF shots with having a life?

• Options
    I always took mine at about 10pm. (I do stims in the morning) Being later, it gave me a better chance of being in. My Nurse says the shot needs to be with a 2 hour window, so if I shoot for 10pm each day, I could go from 9-11pm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was told to do mine between 6 and 9 pm. I tried to pick one time and stick to it. So maybe you could do them on the early side or late side, and make your plans accordingly. I pretty much become a homebody during stims though, so I don't have to deal with the hassle.

This cycle we hosted a party during stims and I had to do shots at 2 different times in my bathroom while we had guests! that felt weird to me but of course no one knew what I was doing. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would take mine with me and do them where I was.  I did my shot in the back seat of a car in Washington, DC and in a hotel room at a friend's wedding.  I was also open with people about doing IVF so when I explained, they were not surprised.  There is no way I would let this stuff stop me from the things that still bring me pleasure!
  • Options
    Like pps said you pick a time that is convenient for you that won't really interfere with your life.  You only stim for about 5 days usually so the annoyance isn't really for that long.  Hopefully you'll respond well and everything will go smoothly.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"