Austin Babies
Options

FYI - Cleaning Maclaren Volo hood cover

I'm sure by now you've noticed that when you fold up the wheels, it gets the hood rain cover thingie downright filthy. Someone told me about this problem ahead of time so I almost always wipe the wheels before folding it up. However, DH and a friend both used the stroller recently and it got pretty dirty.

The solution I've come up with is the Magic Eraser! I've used an entire one cleaning it because the waterproof material shreds it. It wasn't coming clean enough just using a baby wipe. Looks practically brand new with the exception of the very edge where the reinforced metal part is - but even that part is much improved.

Hope that helps. Don't forget the cover comes OFF the stroller. Don't be messing with flipping the entire stroller upside down. Remember this too when the wheels are muddy or if you're in a pinch when you're short on time or wipes, removal can be key to keeping the hood clean when putting it in your trunk etc. Wink

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: FYI - Cleaning Maclaren Volo hood cover

• Options

Another thing you might try for the edges:

Our Quinny just happens to be at my parents' house now, and it's pretty dirty in spots, like where Daniel's shoes hit it.  That neoprene just doesn't like to come clean!  The parents have this cleaner that they picked up at the dollar store called Awesome, and they tried it, figuring it couldn't make the dirty spots look any worse.  It's amazing!  (And awesome!)  It looks brand new, and the cleaner didn't fade or otherwise affect the fabric color at all.

So you might call around to your local dollar stores and see if they carry Awesome.

(It actually is pretty awesome.  It also took oil drip stains out of my parents' concrete garage floor and asphalt driveway with little to no elbow grease required -- spray on, let sit, rinse off.)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebatsteph:

It actually is pretty awesome.  It also took oil drip stains out of my parents' concrete garage floor and asphalt driveway with little to no elbow grease required -- spray on, let sit, rinse off.

I might try it just for that! My old Explorer left spots in our driveway and it looks kind of rough.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Taytee. One of the first times we used our stroller, it was a little muddy and I learned the hard way about he hood getting dirty. Since then I've clean with wipes but it doesn't do much. I'll try the eraser.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"