Success after IF
Options

Potential 2nd sac at 5w ultrasound

Hi - I've posted once in awhile on TTTC and have been really nervous to start posting over here, since it is still so early.  I just got my BFP a little over a week ago and am about 5w3d.  I went in for my first u/s at my RE's office today and they saw one definite sac with a yolk sac and there was another sac near that one, but it was much smaller and they didn't see the yolk sac.  I'm going back for another u/s in a little over a week, but wanted to see if anyone had a similar situation and if it ended up being twins or not.  Just hoping to hear about others experiences.  I'm hoping there is 2 and that #2 just needs to catch up.  Thanks!  :)
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Potential 2nd sac at 5w ultrasound

• Options

congrats on your bfp!!!

don't lose hope- at my first US at 5w there were 2 sacs, but neither had anything in them... no fetal pole, no yolk sacs, etc- i was so worried i had 2 blighted ovums- but just a few days later at my next US there were 2 little babies in there- everything was in tact. One was a couple days behind the other- and they were always that way - and were born 2lbs apart at 38w.

I will pray for your little ones! Keep us posted -I know this week is a horrible wait!!

• Options

Since it is so early there is definitely a chance that the other will catch up. With u/s this early development happens in a matter of minutes.

Unfortunately I had 2 sacs but only one developed naturally, the other was a blighted ovum. It was not discovered until 8 weeks though and the heartbeat of the other had been seen for a week before. It was so much smaller then the other it had gone unnoticed in my first u/s.

Good luck! 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your reply.  Glad to hear everything worked out well for you - your babies are adorable!
  • Options

SOOOOOO much happens in those early days and so much changes from day to day.  Just like you, at 5 wks or so i had my first u/s and there was defintely one in there (just a sac though nothing in it) and the RE thought he saw the shadow of another sac but nothing was visibly there.  We went back a week later and there were 2 heartbeats!!!! 

Congrats on your bfp and defintely keep us posted :)

TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I'll definitely keep you posted.
  • Options

I had two sacs, but, one never fully developed.  We had a yolk sac, but, never had a heartbeat.

Good luck!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"