Pregnant after a Loss
Options

How long did it take you?

Hi there-- I don't know if this is the right board for this question, but I thought I'd take a shot at it-- I was just wondering how long it took you ladies to get pregnant after a m/c?  I started m/c a few days ago, when I was 8.5 wks preg, and I'm just trying to look forward and think about the future.  How long did you wait to try again and how long did it take?  TIA

Re: How long did it take you?

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had an ectopic. We waited 2 cycles to try again & I  got pregnant again that first cycle trying. 

GL to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My m/c was in April...took 7 weeks for AF to show, then 2 non ovulating cycles and 1 cycle on clomid resulting in BFP.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss...

I had one AF and got pregnant right away. Good Luck!
  • Options

I'm sorry for you loss <<HUGS>>

I had a natural m/c at the end of January, AF showed in March and we got preg in May after 2 cycles.

Our little angel went to heaven at 6w3d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had my m/c in April, at 10w4d.  We waited 2 cycles, and got pg right away.

GL!

• Options

At my 8 week appointment (yes the first appointment) I found out that the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks.  I had no signs or symptoms and no bleeding.  I ended up having a D&E on 03/24/08.  My doc said after 1 full cycle I could try again.  I didn't get my period until May.  We got pregnant in June.

I am still nervous and skeptical.  But I know every day makes it less of a chance and I owe it to this little one to be excited.  So I am trying and less nervous as the days come!  You have to do it when it is right for you.

Dont let anyone tell you different.  I am very sorry for your loss.

• Options
    ibisibis member
    I'm sorry for your loss. I m/c at about 9 weeks... took a cycle off, then got pg on our third cycle trying.
  • Options
    imageMelissaAB5579:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had an ectopic. We waited 2 cycles to try again & I  got pregnant again that first cycle trying. 

GL to you!

This is what happened for me, too.  I am also sorry for your loss!

• Options

This is a great place to post a question like that as you need reassurance that although things are disappointing now there will be light at the end of the tunnel!

I miscarried at 13 weeks right around Halloween. We got our BFP in February but it did take me 8 weeks to get a period after the miscarriage. I am so excited to know that this year Halloween will be such a different one!

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss.

I had two losses and got PG quickly after both. Unfortunately, one ended in another m/c but I am 29w along with the other! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We found out at 10 weeks 6 days that it was a blighted ovum and had a d&c.  We avoided one cycle and were sucessful on the the 3rd try.  I am still in disbelief, but so thankful for my second chance.  I hope that you will be joining this board soon... in the meantime, you might want to check out TTC after a Loss, which is another fantastic board.  I personally chose to skip over the pg loss board as I too wanted to focus on the positive and so I started posting on TTCAL.  GL!
    bfp #1 12/25/08 mc 2/5/09 at 10w6d bfp #2 6/25/09 bfp #3 2/28/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I got pregnant before AF ever showed after my natural m/c.  It took my body over 30 days to ovulate, so it would have been a long cycle after the m/c.   

Good luck.  

DS#1 11/28/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I got pg the second cycle trying (the first full cycle) after both of my m/cs.  Good luck hon.  I am so sorry for your loss, but am hoping that you get to this board very soon!
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options

I'm really sorry.

My two losses were earlier on (6.5 weeks and 5.1 weeks), but I would say the first took about six weeks to get back on track and the second took five.  So about the length of the pregnnacy, if I think about it.

In the cycles I was allowed to cycle (the clinic enforces one break cycle after a m/c), I got pregnant both times, which means I had three BFP cycles in a row.  (December, March, May.)  It was weird, like my body had finally gotten the baby bug or something. 

I read that increased levels of progesterone during pregnancy can contribute to increased success after mc.  I clung to the hope that my body really wanted to get and stay pregnant, but needed practice for some reason.

I wish you luck in your future cycles, and again, I'm sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"