TTC after 35
Options

~~GymDogFran~~

Hi - just saw your post in my post below.  :)  Thought you might see this (with your name in the subject) before you'd see my reply in the OP thread...

------------------------------------------------

I think because you don't want "too much of a good thing." Like if you take something that has acetaminophen in it - like Tylenol - you shouldn't take anything else that has acetaminophen in it - like Excedrin.  Also, I just googled this:

Aspirin and Ibuprofen belong to a group of drugs called NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti inflammatory Drugs). The all help block pain and inflammation by inhibiting COX, an enzyme responsible for prostaglandins etc. Stop COX and you reduce or stop and further inflammation.

Aspirin, Ibuprofen and the like are highly acidic and even on the own can cause indigestion and stomach problems. Together, the side effects just multiply.

Sometimes low dose aspirin is used to prevent cardiac problems such as blood clots and to improve circulation. There is some evidence that concomittant NSAIDs with Aspirin will reduce the efficacy of the antiplatelet activity.

Re: ~~GymDogFran~~

• Options
    Thanks!  That makes sense.  From what I've found, anything more than the 81mg baby aspirin carries the same warning as ibuprofen.  I guess a small does delivers the benefits without as many risks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"