Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Joining this board today... my story

I have never posted anything but feel the need to today.  On Wednesday 8/26 I had to make the decision to put my first baby, 15 year old pomeranian Shuggie, to sleep after falling very ill.  Then, my first pregnancy ended in a natural m/c yesterday at 7w1d but the sac was dated at 5w3d on 8/25 and a LARGE 9cm x 5cm ovarian cyst was discovered, due to the dating we had an idea of what could come but thought I possibly miscalculated my days since my cycle is weird but of course were hoping for the best.  Two losses in one week was HARD! I can't help but wonder if the m/c was due to the stress involved in the loss of my dog or possibly the cyst?

I have a follow up appointment on Thursday to see if everything has cleared and to check on the cyst. I'm hoping and praying it has dissolved, I'm hoping to start TTC as soon as we can!    

Re: Joining this board today... my story

• Options

Not trying to be cruel, but the events were probably completely unrelated.

I can relate.  I had 2 cats get horribly ill [different problems, intestinal and chronic asthma issues] and had to put them both down while PG with DD.  It completely sucked. 

Sorry for your losses.  Good luck TTC!

• Options
    I am so sorry for both of your losses. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry for both of your losses.

No disrespect, but I genuinely think that emotional stress causing MC is an old wives tale. Plus the start of your loss might have been up to two weeks ago, right? I just feel the need to mention this in case you are doing the "what did I do to cause this" thing. In which case, know that you didn't do anything wrong. Not that knowing that makes it easier...

Welcome to the board. I hope it is of comfort to you. It is not a happy place to be, but at least we can work out our feelings together.

• Options

i'm very sorry for your loss.  and i pray you get to ttc again very soon! 

about stress - i lost my father and my dog in the same week when i was pregnant w/ nathan.  it was the most stressful pregnancy and my first pregnancy and i was very concerned about what impact stress may have on the pregnancy.  we also put down my husbands dog the week before i had nathan.  the stress was so bad b/c i found out my dad was going to pass away while i was pg. so it was months of stress.  turns out i had a healthy, happy baby boy.  i asked my doc about what stress could do to the pregnancy but she assured me everything would be ok and that there's no real link to stress causing anything to go wrong w/ the pregnancy.  hope this helps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    I am so so sorry for the loss of your beloved Shuggie and your baby.  What a bad week for you!  Please don't blame yourself for losing your baby.  You did nothing to cause this.  My thoughts are with you and your DH as you work through this rough time.  I've found this board to be a big help during my darkest days.  I hope it is for you too.  ((((big hugs))))
  • Options

I am very sorry for both your losses.

HUGS!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

TTCAL buddy to LMichelleG - Praying for a miracle

PgALbuddy to CanonMom & BriAZ - Congrats on your beautiful little girls Labor Buddy to Luvsbunny

• Options

Thanks babes12 and ladies! It does help to know that.  When I was going through the issues with my dog, I took it really hard, and everyone was saying 'be careful, be careful' but how can you do that when you're already grieving. I couldn't help to think, maybe I wasn't careful enough.  It's easy to beat yourself up over these things and it REALLY helps coming from someone that has been there.

Thanks again!

• Options

I'm sorry for your losses. 

I had my miscarriage yesterday too, so I understand how new and raw everything feels.  Hang in there!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

miscarriage at 8 weeks - August 2009
  • Options
    I am sorry the loss of your baby and Shuggie.  You are a strong person to go through those two events in the same week!  I found the what-ifs are a hard thing to push out of mind, but keep in mind that our bodies are very strong--stress over one event wouldn't cause a miscarriage.  I'm with you as far as starting to TTC as soon as possible!  I wish you a speedy recovery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"