Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Nearing 2 yrs, waking every night?!?

DD has been such a great sleeper since STTN at 6 mos.  Most recently she'd been going 12 hours and night, 3 during the day.  Until about 2 weeks ago, that is.  For no apparent reason, she's started waking every single night.  Sometimes just once, as bad as 7 or 8 times.  When DH goes in for her, she'll go right back down, when I go, she insists on being rocked for a few minutes, then will go down, but half the time gets up again.  Her naps during the day don't seem to make a difference in her nighttime sleeping - sometimes she gets a good nap but sometimes not, and still sleeps poorly at night.

Any ideas, ladies?  What gives?  I'm thinking of just moving her to big girl bed out of sheer desperation and having just run out of ideas.  :(  Newborn coming in a couple of weeks, so a little undisturbed sleep would be very welcome at this point.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nearing 2 yrs, waking every night?!?

• Options
    This recently happened to us.  It went away after a few weeks (month max).  Hope it does for you too. 
  • Options

This happened to us too, he went a few weeks where he just couldn't seem to get restful sleep. It was terrible! )however, he only woke up 1-2 times a night and sometimes he had nightmares)

It went away after probably 2 weeks. Good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I had some advice for you. My son rarely sleeps through the night since he was about two/two and a half??? I think he's gone through phases where he'd sleep through and phases when he doesn't. It feels like he rarely does. He was a better sleeper when he was a newborn. I got fed up with him getting up and either crying or coming in to sleep with us. I now let him fuss or cry a few minutes and 9/10 times he goes back to sleep on his own.
  • Options

Does she seem to be cutting any of her 2yr molars? DD had one of hers break through a couple of months ago and for a week or so I had to give her a bit of tylenol when I figured out that's what the problem was.

• Options
    imagebebeblues:

Does she seem to be cutting any of her 2yr molars? DD had one of hers break through a couple of months ago and for a week or so I had to give her a bit of tylenol when I figured out that's what the problem was.

Ditto this! Pedi dentist told us a few weeks back that DD *is* in the LOOONG process of getting her 2 yr molars. He said it can take up to 3 mos for the entire process to be over. Ugh.

• Options
    imageHawaiiBrideGrm:
    imagebebeblues:

Ditto this! Pedi dentist told us a few weeks back that DD *is* in the LOOONG process of getting her 2 yr molars. He said it can take up to 3 mos for the entire process to be over. Ugh.

It certainly could be molars.  This was also my best guess.  But... 3 months?!?..... *sob*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It might just be a phase or she could be getting her 2 year molars.  My 1 1/2 year old is a great sleeper other than when teething.  Also, as a mom of two, if you are due in a few weeks, I would not suggest moving your DD right now as there will be plenty of other changes in the next few weeks.  They say to do the move to a bed a few months before or after baby arrives but not right around the same time.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"