Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Questions re: Natural M/C

I?ve done some googling ? but the answers are all over the place.  I?ll probably call my doctor this afternoon to discuss, but wanted to see what your experiences have been.  I had a natural miscarriage not quite 4 weeks ago ? like 26 days ? and I have had mild bleeding the entire time.  The first 3-4 days were heavy, of course, and since then it?s been minor enough for pantyliners.  Last week I even had a day or two with nothing, but I haven?t gone 48 hours without some type of spotting.  Anyway, seemed last week as if things were tapering off and I was excited about that.  Starting this weekend, the bleeding has increased ? it is like my period.  I?ve even had to bump up from pantyliners to full pads.  In addition, I was super moody last week and pretty tired yesterday ? both symptoms I usually have during my period.  I?ve also had super sore nipples, which is something that I?ve been experiencing around ovulation and my period since I went off of BC. 

Sorry ? a lot of information, I know.  My questions are: Did anyone else start their period 4 weeks after a natural m/c?  Did you have some type of bleeding the entire 4 weeks up to your period? 

I was under the impression that I would totally stop bleeding and then my period would show up 4 weeks or so after that time.

TIA for sharing any experience you?ve had.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Fun with Santa!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Questions re: Natural M/C

• Options
    I would definitely call the doctor-- mine said bleeding should not last more than 2 wks, and estimated that it would be less than 1 wk (but then again, I don't know where you were in your pregnancy, i was at 8.5 wks at the time of m/c).  Bleeding this entire time is definitely reason to call and ask for advice-- perhaps a checkup/bloodtest/u/s to check for leftover tissue.  Separate and aside from that, I've heard that women in a 1st trimester m/c often ovulate within 4 wks of the m/c, but I dont' know about AF coming so soon....... def call your dr.  Hope everything gets better for you!
  • Options

My first loss was a natural m/c at about 5 1/2 weeks.  I bled/spotted only for about a week and a half and then got my period exactly 28 days later.  I would call my dr if I were you to just be on the safe side.  But you could definitely be starting your af now.  I hope everything turns out well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"