Toddlers: 24 Months+

How much did your DD weigh at 2yrs?

My DD weighed 23.5 at her 18 mo check up and only weighs 24.5 at her 2 yr. She is in the 25%. It concerns me but the Dr wasn't worried yet. She is 34in tall, as well.

So she is tall and skinny and I am having trouble with her clothes! I know fall is coming and I am buying 2T but fear that they wont fit. I hate to buy 18-24 mos but I will if I have too!

Advice? Experiences? Can I expect a growth spurt anytime soon?

DD born 8/24/07
TTC #2 since 4/09
Unexplained Secondary IF
4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How much did your DD weigh at 2yrs?

• dd at 18m 19lb, at 2yrs 21lb, at 3yrs 26lb.  she has stayed around 1-3rd percentile sense about 9 months. she was only 5lb 8oz at birth, but gained a ton in the first 4 months... then slimmed. she's also only 10th for ht... I think she was around 32 3/4 in at 2yrs???   she was 36" at her 3yr (in Jan). 
  • oh and advice on clothing... don't buy 2 piece sets... buy separates.... dresses plus leggings work nicely for cold months.  I tend to let dd's dresses go short as she has a small frame. She's 3 1/2 and has a couple of 2T dresses that the straps just don't stay up well... then she needs 3 or 4 T for length of plain ts ... She's in 2T shorts this summer.  Pants, she probably needs 2T for the waist... but 3T for length.... baggy butt.. hence leggings.  Check Target for pants.. those jeans fit my dd the best.   It's tough, but I have yet to find slim in toddler sizes... but when they start with little girl sizes (4 and up) there are some slims here and there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHalo79RN:
    dd at 18m 19lb, at 2yrs 21lb, at 3yrs 26lb.  she has stayed around 1-3rd percentile sense about 9 months. she was only 5lb 8oz at birth, but gained a ton in the first 4 months... then slimmed. she's also only 10th for ht... I think she was around 32 3/4 in at 2yrs???   she was 36" at her 3yr (in Jan). 

Thanks for the input. What size is she in currently?

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageHalo79RN:
    oh and advice on clothing... don't buy 2 piece sets... buy separates.... dresses plus leggings work nicely for cold months.  I tend to let dd's dresses go short as she has a small frame. She's 3 1/2 and has a couple of 2T dresses that the straps just don't stay up well... then she needs 3 or 4 T for length of plain ts ... She's in 2T shorts this summer.  Pants, she probably needs 2T for the waist... but 3T for length.... baggy butt.. hence leggings.  Check Target for pants.. those jeans fit my dd the best.   It's tough, but I have yet to find slim in toddler sizes... but when they start with little girl sizes (4 and up) there are some slims here and there. 

I will have to remember that! I shop Target now but never tried the jeans. The Oshkosh brand? I bought her some 2T jeans from ON and she had major saggy butt! Poor girl! lol

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • my dd.. it varies by brand and item...

jeans - she needs 3T for length.. but baggy in toosh

leggings - I just bought her 3T gap leggings for the fall

dresses - she has some 2T some 3T... she has a narrow frame and no shoulders.  Usually 3T is for the length. I did put her in a 12 month Kelly's Kids dress that she's worn for 3 summers in a row now.  It started at her ankles and now is just above the knee.  

shirts - 3 T or 4T... length. she has some Gymboree in 2T that still fit, most are 3T right now.. but she has some children's place 4T that fit in the length.  

shorts - 2T.  cannot go any bigger yet. 

I find Children's Place, ON, JC Penney's brand, and Ralph Lauren and Target run smaller (true to her age), Gap can run true to big depending on the item, same goes for Crazy 8, Arizona & Co... Gymboree runs huge on her.  I just purchased some Gymbo items for the first time in over a year b/c I've had such problem with her keeping their clothes on.  Even when she was 9m/o she was crawling out of her gymbo pieces.  I love items on specialty boutiques online.... but they run so huge.  Pumpkin Patch run a little big, but I have purchased.  Matilda Jane runs big on my dd. she wore a 2T dress last spring/winter that she should be able to wear again this fall. It's just tough to figure out size ranges.  I've resorted to a lot of Target and CP for play clothes and some Gap or specialty special pieces for dress clothes.  

• I have tried their Osh Kosh brand and their Circo..I think it's the Circo brand that they have the slimmer leg and butt???  But I buy both.   ON is tough b/c they run short too.... I always moved up in length there first too.  I would move up to the next size a couple of months before moving up in other brands.. I wouldn't even recommend Arizona and Co for pants/jeans... dd had a pair of 18m that she was never able to wear.  ever.  too long... then when fit length, still huge in the hips and waist and leg.  bust all around.  I donated them.  I don't care for their (JCPenney) pants in general. I at times buy their T's for layering or for play.  I buy a lot of Target  for play though.

imagesoon2Bmrs.AGEE:

imageHalo79RN:
    oh and advice on clothing... don't buy 2 piece sets... buy separates.... dresses plus leggings work nicely for cold months.  I tend to let dd's dresses go short as she has a small frame. She's 3 1/2 and has a couple of 2T dresses that the straps just don't stay up well... then she needs 3 or 4 T for length of plain ts ... She's in 2T shorts this summer.  Pants, she probably needs 2T for the waist... but 3T for length.... baggy butt.. hence leggings.  Check Target for pants.. those jeans fit my dd the best.   It's tough, but I have yet to find slim in toddler sizes... but when they start with little girl sizes (4 and up) there are some slims here and there. 

I will have to remember that! I shop Target now but never tried the jeans. The Oshkosh brand? I bought her some 2T jeans from ON and she had major saggy butt! Poor girl! lol

• My DD was 23 lbs and 32" at her 2 yr appt.

Almost all of her clothes are 18 mos (some 12 mos even!!). But I'm starting to buy more 2T (they're smaller in the waist than 24 mos).

For pants, the only thing that fit her are the "yoga" Circo pants from Target. I just bought some new ones in 2T - they'll be a little long, but the 18 mo were a little short. Esp now that she's in underwear, she's really hard to fit in pants. We've been buying them for 2 yrs now.

It's obviously warm here, but DD wears a lot of leggings with long shirt or dress. No need to worry about length. Carter's and Target have a lot of cute leggings.

As long as your DD has always been small, there's no reason for concern. My DD has never been more than 10 %ile - she's just small, but she's growing, so there's nothing to worry about.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 25lbs at 2 years. even now she is under 30lbs and can fit in 12-18-24 month shorts (pant would be too short).

get 2T pants with an adjustable waist. we have capris aidan wore LAST summer that she fits in now but we have just slowly let out the band. i think now they are finally "normal" and they are 18-24 months

• My nephew only weighed 21lbs and was 33 inches tall at his 2yr. My dd is very stout and weighed 31.5 lbs and was 35 3/4 inches tall. She isn't fat, but she's stout and tall for her age. She's always stayed in the 75-90th percentile.... I still buy her 2t's in bottoms for her waist, but a 3t in tops....I gave up on buying sets as well. I go for separates.

I added a pip of my dd and my nephew. They're 10 days apart and this is their size difference! This is right before both of their 2nd bdays...

[IMG]https://i25.tinypic.com/21bnh2p.jpg[/IMG

• Sorry. I accidently pastedin the wrong spot....

Now there should be a pip.

• Okay, 3rd time is a charm....maybe?

Sorry

• DD was 27lbs and 34in at 2yr, but I think she's 29lb and 36in now only a few months later, so a growth spurt is possible.

I've always had success with Children's Place jeans. They have the hidden elastic adjustable waist so that keeps them up, plus they are fairly skinny jeans. DD was wearing 2T in the spring, which were a tad long, but her 18mo jeans were too small to fit over her cloth diapers anymore. Now she's PTd, so I might have to cinch up the waist some more and I need to check the length on her now but I bet it'll be ok.

- Jena
  • DD has always been small too.  At her 2 year appoint. she was 23 lbs 6 oz.  Then, she got sick with a virus and went down to 23 lbs a few weeks ago.  I hear you about the clothes.  My MIL bought DD a bunch of shorts/pants from rummage sales this year and they were all 18-24 mo and 2T's.  NONE of them fit her especially now that she's in underwear.  Everything falls right off of her waist.  I have bought the adjustable waist band jeans from Target and today I just found some nice adjustable waist jeans from JCPenny!  A co-worker also mentioned just letting her wear dresses/skirts with shirts this fall/winter (and tights) and that way I can get away with her wearing a 12 or 18 month and not worry about the length.  Hope that helps and don't worry about her size.  DD has always been tiny and her doc has never been concerned :o)
  • Not quite 2 yet, but he did have an appt. a few weeks ago and he weighed exactly 30 pounds. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Look for pants like GAP and ON have with the adjustable waist.  You can get them to fit length wise and adjust the waist to fit.  IF this helps, my now 3 year old was 20 pounds at 18 months, 22 pounds at 2 years  and 25 pounds at 3 years.  She wears a size 2T pant (at least the last time she tried on long pants, I need to have her try on her long pants soon since we have not really worn them all summer) with an adjustable waist.  She wears mainly 3T tops.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"