Indiana Babies
Options

shauna

imageshauna060708:

2) I'm tired of _________ always thinking about my boobs, dealing with pain in my boobs, talking about my boobs to LCs....I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing about it too.

LOL!  I feel the same way.  I literally walk around topless all day and if I'm not breastfeeding, I'm getting ready for the next feeding.  Ridiculous.

Re: shauna

• Options
    ((hugs)) to you both! while i haven't necessarily had the same issues you guys had/have, i will say that the constant boob exposure does end. like everything else in the newborn stage, this too shall pass!
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It gets better, I promise!!

For me, it seemed to get better right around 2.5 months (I think).

I don't want to say that it seemed like a "chore," but I can't think of a better word for it... It was just all I thought about and it felt like all I did.

Now, it's just a normal part of our day. I think it helps that we both have the hang of it, we're comfortable doing it in public (sort of!), and it only takes 10 minutes. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBrendaK:

I don't want to say that it seemed like a "chore," but I can't think of a better word for it... It was just all I thought about and it felt like all I did.

Now, it's just a normal part of our day. I think it helps that we both have the hang of it, we're comfortable doing it in public (sort of!), and it only takes 10 minutes. :-)

I'm glad to hear that the feedings eventually get shorter!  Truthfully, I can't complain too much because we seem to have gotten the hang of it for the most part.  With the exception of a crack in my right nipple, it's no longer painful.  I just can't believe how much time of my day is spent with my boobs out!  I love the time with her though.

I ordered the nursing cover yesterday (thanks for the feedback too!), so I'm hoping that will help out.  I hate when we have people over that I have to go upstairs by myself to nurse.  I'm just not comfortable whipping the boob out for everyone.

• Options

Paige used to nurse for about 45 minutes. We actually had one 1.5 hour long feeding. I thought I was going to die.

I went to my regular doctor when I was 1 week pp (I was having crazy sharp pains in my back - I was convinced it was a blood clot in my lung... it wasn't), and he told me that, in his opinion, any baby who nurses longer than about 20 minutes is using mom as a human pacifier.

He told me to watch her nurse, and watch for her to stop swallowing. So, I started watching, really watching, and yup, she was done after about 8-10 minutes on each side. Now, she's down to about 5-6 minutes per side.

And clearly, she's growing. :-)

Speaking of pain, in addition to the nip pain, I also had the worst neck pain!! Like, I knew there would be nip pain, but I had no idea it'd feel like I had whiplash!! Thankfully, both the nip pain and neck pain went away after a week or two.

FWIW, I thought a nursing cover would be a PITA, but I absolutely love mine and Paige does too. She totally thinks it's a game. :-)

• Options

Kelley, not to burst your bubble, but not ALL babies get more efficient. The BF support group I go to has moms of older babies whose feedings still take 30 minutes and more.

I just don't want you to be disappointed if Olivia continues to savor her feedings!

FWIW, Ella takes about 10-15 min on average but sometimes its 5 and sometimes it's 30 :)

• Options
    I don't even bother raising my blinds anymore because I know I'll have to go through and close them all again in 30 minutes when she's ready to eat again.  So I'm just living topless in a dark cave Wink  I think that Shawn would think that it was hot that he could see my boobs all the time except that I am currently the least sexy that he's ever seen me.  Aside from the huge boobs, I'm just a tired, dirty mommy.
  • Options

Damn you bubble burster!  Smile

She feeds for a while, then rests, then feeds, then rests.  I find it's easier just to keep her close by, hence the long feeding times.  I've tried every method I can think of to keep her awake...she just slips into that milk coma.  She's much more efficient overnight though.  It's weird.

We'll get into a good routine eventually, it just takes some time!

• Options
    Good point, Brenda - just because the baby is at the boob for 30 minutes doesn't mean she's really eating. Mine sometimes really does eat for 30 minutes (rarely, though), but I'm sure she's nibble all freakin' day if I let her. Some days I do let her, just because I enjoy being together and it's not hurting her (plus shes quiet and I looooove when she's quiet).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"