Pregnant after 35
Options

Madison Isabella has arrived.. birth story

Madison arrived on Thursday, August 27 at 4:22am, weighing 8lbs 5oz, 21 3/4 inches long.  We're so happy and so blessed!

So, Wednesday morning I went to the bathroom and saw my mucus plug.  I thought ok, no biggie I'm 39 weeks and I was not dilated according to my last OB appt the week prior.  I decided to blow dry my hair, get my eyebrows waxed just in case though.  I was having some pain  but nothing substantial.  I went to the outlet mall near home with my son (18 yr old - not the baby anymore) I figured I needed to walk to help with dilation anyway.  We returned around 6:30pm, we were in the mall for about 2 hours walking back and forth.  I still didn't have much pain.  We ate dinner around 8pm and went to bed at 10:30pm.  My contractions started at 11pm, 2 minutes apart, 30 seconds long.  I told my DH to start timing and he just rubbed my back and said you're ok Sweetie, I said no, get your phone and start timing.  I decided to take a shower and move around to see if it was actually true labor and umm, yup sure was.  We called our Dr and she said to head to the hospital.  We arrived at 12:25am, they checked me at triage and said I was 2 cm dilated but because it was my third baby they'd keep me, good thing an hour later my water broke.  They noticed the amniotic fluid contained Meconium (baby's first poop) and so they needed to be careful that once she took her first breath she wouldn't swallow any.  At 2:30am, I was in excruciating pain and requested and Epidural, I had not had one for my two children prior but I was in so much pain.  It was so great, at 3:30am, the doctor checked me and I was 8 cm, she said she'd return in 30 mins to check me again.  At 4am the Dr checked and sure enough the baby's head was right there.  It was time to push, I pushed through three contractions and out she came!  My DH couldn't cut the cord because they needed to hurry and get over to the nurses to ensure she hadn't swalled any meconium so boo there, but we are so happy with our little girl.  My daughter, 20 and my son 18 were also in the room but opted to ignore what was happening til she actually was born.  I'll have to post a picture soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Madison Isabella has arrived.. birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"