Pregnant after 35
Options

minor nosebleeds

On 3 occasions now I have had slight nosebleeds.  They aren't dripping blood, but my nose will feel like it is running a little and then I blow it and there is a big clump of blood.  It will then drip a little but stops with in a minute or two.  I know that everything is swelling and according to my books this is common but I was wondering if anyone else had something similar. 

DH is worried now because this is my 3rd one and is making me call the Dr. tomorrow just to be safe.  On a side note, all 3 of the nosebleeds have been after I worked out.  I have been working out 4-5 times a week pretty much my entire pregnancy but it just seems a little weird that the only time they have occurred is after working out.

Any thoughts?

Re: minor nosebleeds

• Options
    Nosebleeds are normal.  Mention it to your OB on your next visit, at minimum.  I had several minor and about 3 major bleeds, one in public!  Blame increased mucosal vascularization...
  • Options
    I usually got them them in the shower, and OB said not to worry
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup - I've had them all along...that and the nasal congestion make it difficult to sleep at night sometimes.  Totally normal - albeit frustrating.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never had a nosebleed in my life until I got pg. Totally normal. Not sure why they just happen after you are working out though. I think it's good to call you dr to put your mind at ease.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have been using a saline nasal spray several times a day and it seems to help a little. I mentioned it at my last appointment and my OB said it was perfectly normal. 

• Options
    I've had them as well.  My OB said they are nothing to worry about unless I'm losing lots of blood.  But I agree with you I always report symptoms so they get noted on my chart.
  • Options

Yeah, I had a horrible noseblood this morning.  I haven't had one in years - not fun!

• Options

Yup, I've had this too. It is very normal.

The best was when I was still barfing at the 5 month mark and would be throwing up and have a nosebleed start at the same time..   Fun times.

• Options
    I have them daily. Some worse than others. Oddly enough, I only bleed from one nostril. Not sure why. I'm also on Lovenox and baby aspirin. I'm sure that doesn't help.
  • Options
    Me too, about the same level.  Exercise and dry days tend to exacerbate the issue.  I'm not gushing blood or anything, there's just enough to be kind of gross.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"