Multiples
Options

For those who work/ed on your feet all day

How long did you manage to work during your pregnancy?  I'm doing ok right now since I'm only 9 weeks, but I'm just trying to plans things out and trying to see how realistically I'll be able to work 7-9 hours on my feet all day.  Thanks for your input :)
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: For those who work/ed on your feet all day

• Options
    I didn't work on my feet but I wouldn't think you should/would want to work past 24-26 weeks.
  • Options
    I worked on my feet as a nurse 8-12 hours a shift, 4-5 days a week until 31 weeks. At that point, I had no swelling or anything, but a lot of pain in my stomach and terrible shortness of breath, so the doc said it was time to take it easy. I was never on bedrest, just off work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

dr Luke's book recommends leaving work between 24-28w, esp if you are on your feet all day.

I left work at 27w (i'm on my feet and driving all day). I made it until 38w1d at my scheduled c/s date.

• Options
    Dr. Luke would say stop working at 24-28 weeks. ?I am not on my feet all day and I am stopping at 28 weeks. ?Some may say it's not necessary but my Ob wants me to and i'd rather be home resting and hopefully keeping them in as long as possible. ?
  • Options

I regret working as long as I did.  I felt "fine" (uncomfortable, but who's not when they are measuring as 34 weeks pregnant), but my 26w4d u/s showed dramatic changes to my cervix, and I was immediately put on hospital bedrest for PTL until the babies arrived at 35w2d..

At my 24 week appt, OB said it wasn't necessary to go on bedrest at that point unless I felt I needed to - cervix looked great - and that he'd write me a note if I was ready to stop work.  Like I said, I thought I was "fine" and wanted to stick it out as long as I could.  I suggest what some of the other PPs have said regarding stopping at 24ish weeks...

• Options
    I was taken out of work at 19 weeks b/c I had started spotting (and I worked on my feet all day).  Please listen to your body even now and take as many breaks with your feet up as possible.  It was really really hard toward the end for me to work (and I was still so early!).  I definitely wouldn't work on my feet in a twin pg past 24 weeks, but earlier if at all possible.  GL 
  • Options
    I am a nurse and I am restricted to only doing 8-hour shifts, per my doctor.  I am 26weeks and 5 days pregnant.  I  feels alright, I get tired very easily and sit every chance I get at work.  When I get home I put my feet up for an hour or so.  The doctor has not mentioned bedrest so far, everything looks good. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"